Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,921   Online: 1059

Thread: Reala blue cast

Shooter
    35mm

Reala blue cast

My last two rolls of Fuji Reala came back from the lab and the processor said they had a noticable blue shift. Anyone know what might have caused this? To my untrained eye they seemed to scan fine... both rolls were shot with a Canon T-90 and various lenses.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's hard to tell without seeing them. The usual cause is that the pictures were taken in open shade, where the light is much more blue. Backlit scenes sometimes have the same problem. With some films, underexposure can make pictures look blue as well as dark. Altitude is also a common cause. Things are more blue above 5000 feet, but since you seem to be in Iowa, I doubt if that is the problem.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Norm makes good points about lighting, but you also need to check on your lab's processing. Did you happen to have exposed an 18% grey card, or better yet a grey card and MacBeth color checker chart on the same roll? If you make a practice of including at least one such frame then you can pick out processing problems more readily. Good labs should run control strips and not have such problems, but even good labs sometimes make mistakes.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm
    Probably just shitty printing.

Shooter
    35mm

No

Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    Probably just shitty printing.
    This is a pro lab. The second roll confirms what they saw - definite blue cast. I will try another roll from my latest shipment from Adorama.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    This is a pro lab. The second roll confirms what they saw - definite blue cast. I will try another roll from my latest shipment from Adorama.
    which doesn't make them immune. If the film's spec is changed, which happens often, the film's original channel on automated equipment, or filtration requirements change as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin