Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,233   Online: 691
      
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    I think that everyone should throw all of their unprocessed Kodachrome away. My life would then be easier. OTOH, I could put this and all Kodachrome threads on ignore!

    PE

  2. #52
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,219
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I think that everyone should throw all of their unprocessed Kodachrome away.
    Not a chance...

    My final roll now resides quietly in its deeply frozen place of honor. Only on very special occasions will it be allowed to thaw so that it can be briefly opened and its marvelously distinctive aroma experienced again. Then back to suspended animation it will go, a preserved vestigal remnant of Kodak's high-water mark as a once-great photographic company.



    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Not a chance...

    My final roll now resides quietly in its deeply frozen place of honor. Only on very special occasions will it be allowed to thaw so that it can be briefly opened and its marvelously distinctive aroma experienced again. Then back to suspended animation it will go, a preserved vestigal remnant of Kodak's high-water mark as a once-great photographic company.



    Ken
    Like the femurs of saints, a great deal of magic is often ascribed to that which no longer works. As much as I loved and miss Kodachrome, the better part of my life has been recorded on Verichrome Pan and Tri-X.

    s-a

  4. #54
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,219
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Like the femurs of saints, a great deal of magic is often ascribed to that which no longer works. As much as I loved and miss Kodachrome, the better part of my life has been recorded on Verichrome Pan and Tri-X.
    Aye, my friend... but does it SMELL like Kodachrome??



    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Aye, my friend... but does it SMELL like Kodachrome??



    Ken


    s-a

  6. #56
    M.A.Longmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,847
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Aye, my friend... but does it SMELL like Kodachrome??



    Ken
    .
    Ooh, ooh that SMELL !
    Can't you smell that smell?

    Ron
    .

  7. #57
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    Kodak Park smelled like a mix of Kodachrome and the glue from 120 film rolls. You know that odor and taste when you glue an exposed roll of 120 with the little paper tape thingy? KRL smelled like gelatin preservative. Rather a pleasant odor actually. Kind of aromatic.

    I miss it all.

    PE

  8. #58
    hpulley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,214
    Images
    75
    You probably have some but in case you don't, let me know if you want a 25' roll of Kodachrome II 8mm to sniff I probably can't do much with it and have 3 rolls!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

    Happiness is...

  9. #59
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    I have some experimental Kodachrome here and also some 8mm Kodachrome from about the mid 50s or earlier. Thanks anyhow.

    I also have some CD-6. I'm going to donate them to GEH someday after I'm tired moving them to clean the darkroom.

    PE

  10. #60
    Mustafa Umut Sarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    İstanbul - Türkiye
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,821
    Images
    108
    Ron ,

    May be You can put it in a urn and buy a place at a cemetery. It would be like Jim Morrison grave 50 years later

    Umut

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin