Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 746

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodachrome patent

As mentioned in the Kodachrome thread, I've attached a PDF of the original Richard Bent / Rowland Mowrey patent which I sourced as a PDF off espacenet. You can get to this service via your local european patent office (I went via British Patent office )
    This version is in English, Espacenet will also allow you to download versions in different languages.
    These are:
    DE2159903 (B2) German
    US3658525 (A) Original American patent
    CH536502 (A) Swiss Patent
    FR2117338 (A5) French Patent
    JP51021582 (B) Japanese Patent

Otherwise go to the US patent office and download it from there
    Attached Files
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So are you going to try and make Kodachrome on the Landrover production line ? Only a Brummie logic could think they are compatible

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    As mentioned in the Kodachrome thread, I've attached a PDF of the original Richard Bent / Rowland Mowrey patent which I sourced as a PDF off espacenet. You can get to this service via your local european patent office (I went via British Patent office )
    This version is in English, Espacenet will also allow you to download versions in different languages.
    These are:
    DE2159903 (B2) German
    US3658525 (A) Original American patent
    CH536502 (A) Swiss Patent
    FR2117338 (A5) French Patent
    JP51021582 (B) Japanese Patent

Otherwise go to the US patent office and download it from there
    Thanks, that's easier then the version I was looking at, you can tell how old it is, it was filed on paper, and scanned at some point, by someone who was not that good at scanning, some of the pages are crooked.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note that the patent gives a more vague reference to the couplers, but data on the mixing of the solutions. The actual couplers are listed here in the PDF along with the developers needed (CD-3 and CD-6)

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...e-film-94.html

There will be differences between the patent and the actual current process as it was still being tweaked at the time the patent was filed. It should be close enough to give quite good results though.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Note that the patent gives a more vague reference to...
    PE:

You NEVER Said you where on the current Kodachrome Patent !!

Now I MUST get your Lunch and DINNER next time we hang out !!!

WOW.... !!!

Thanks

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You never asked!

Seriously, it isn't that important to me but does explain my interest.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    As the modern Kodachromes have set the standards in 35 mm color photography for high-quality offset printing from the mid 1970s onwards, it is a great honor to meet one of its fathers here.

It is still a delight to look at such 25 - 30 year old photo books. And, even as I have started photography at the time when the green boxes showed up, the Kodachromes defined my perception of color rendition, not the jelly bean candy of the 1990s.

The monography on the cultural history of modern Kodachrome has yet to be written.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, please minimize my effort. My work was on the color developing agent in the yellow developer, CD-6, and in color paper. I collected the other work into a comprehensive whole and so doing learned a lot about Kodachrome including how it could be lab (hand) processed. My work with Bent and others is a compilation of the work of many but since Dick and I had the "ah hah!" moment here, they gave us our names on the title page.

BTW, Dick's nephew is an APUG member and Dick sadly passed away late last year. About 15 of us former EK co-workers were at a recent memorial service. It was a great loss to the field of color developer synthesis and testing. Dick knew just about everything in the Kodak archives on these subjects.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You never asked!

Seriously, it isn't that important to me but does explain my interest.

PE
    Ron, if it gets you a free lunch........
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Ron, if it gets you a free lunch........
    It says lunch and dinner!

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 07-16-2009 at 07:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Lunch and dinner required 2 munches!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin