Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,995   Online: 822

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    They have the same name but as a C-41 film I believe.
    Now thats what I call bloody confusing (And a bit daft as well)
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Thats interesting, as the last roll of Digibase CR200 I shot didn't say E6 on the roll, it was C41, and therefore I shot and got it developed as such.

I suppose as its an unmasked film you could "cross" it either way.
    That was probably Rollei CN200. Similar name, one is C-41, one is E-6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My understanding was that it is sold as a C-41 product, but lacks the orange masking. As such, processing in E-6 enables it to be a doubly versatile film for sake of deciding where and what's available for lab processing. Is this off?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure, but I know that there are some black and white movie films that can be processed in standard neg chemicals, or standard black and white reversal movie chemicals.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    If it is just like RSX II 200, I will definitely give it a go. I loved the AGFA slide films when they were still available. I miss it. I liked the way it rendered colors for me. Usually just the way that I saw them. Not overly vivid, or warm or cool. A nice natural look.
    "There is something about the mystery
    of what is on a roll of film that keeps
    me shooting, none of that digital
    instant gratification for me."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two "Digiibase" films:

-) a colour negative (CN)

-) a colour reversal (CR)

The colour negative film was called "Scanfilm" before and stated to be a "Colour and B&W" -film.
    That would make sense, due to the lack of an integral mask, if you would develop it in a non-chromogenic developer. Nevertheless Maco stated that it cannot be developed in classic B&W chemistry...

Then it was called "Digibase 200 Pro": "monochrome B&W film to be developed in C-41 chemistry"...

Now it is stated correctly to be a "maskless colour negativfilm to be developed in C-41 standard process".

It is based on Agfa's 400 ISO maskless film but the same time stated by Maco as 200 ISO...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There are two "Digiibase" films:

-) a colour negative (CN)

-) a colour reversal (CR)

The colour negative film was called "Scanfilm" before and stated to be a "Colour and B&W" -film.
    That would make sense, due to the lack of an integral mask, if you would develop it in a non-chromogenic developer. Nevertheless Maco stated that it cannot be developed in classic B&W chemistry...

Then it was called "Digibase 200 Pro": "monochrome B&W film to be developed in C-41 chemistry"...

Now it is stated correctly to be a "maskless colour negativfilm to be developed in C-41 standard process".

It is based on Agfa's 400 ISO maskless film but the same time stated by Maco as 200 ISO...
    It was called SCANFILM because someone got it through their head that it would scan better and make "purer" colors without an orange base. Someone forgot that most consumer geared scanners including the ones on minilabs are set up for films with an orange base and its a pain in the ass to get correct results or even make a decent channel for a maskless color neg film. The other part about it being a color and B/W film had something to do with it being a royal pain in the ass to print an orange based color neg onto b/w paper.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But without having a panchromatic paper at offer, that film would not really be/make a B&W film in that sense you refer to.
    Furthermore these were all data-sheet statements without further explanations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my first roll of this back in the way and I LOVE it!!! It has a look pretty similar to Kodachrome! I really can't believe how great this film it. We all really have to try it. I have a new favorite film!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Theres too many men
    Too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Cant you see
    This is a land of confusion

Important message: if it's not Kodachrome, it's not Kodachrome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin