Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,182   Online: 868

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    All Rollei-Maco input about the CN200, CR200 and the related Crossbird and Redbird films seems to be deleted from APUG.
    By deleting threads the only information source is the German http://www.aphog.de forum where you can only read in German about these new products.
    Further on the manufacturer site themself but without any feed back from users.
    It's a pity that the moderation on APUG is so stricktly that this kind of "advertisement" is not allowed because now an interesting product line is unknown for many APUG members especially for them who can not speak and read German language.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert,

All films of Maco have been communicated here, and many members with no knowledge of German got quite informed. I must say `quite´ as as you might have seen from some of my postings there were some open questions, which have by no means dealt with by Maco here, though they obviously were following Apug. Well, no company is obliged to share in discussions here or introduce their products here. We should not forget that this all is timeconsuming and we are dealing with a small enterprise. However there were repeatedly remarks in Germany by Maco on the people discussing their products here at Apug, and that is not fair.

That their official introduction here ended in disaster is a pity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That their official introduction here ended in disaster is a pity
    Not my words, I leave it to the moderation team to take contact about this with Mr. Schröder or Mr. Junghans.
    Maybe Rollei-Maco is too direct (Maco-Direct?) for such an introduction in a forum like APUG.

BTW: Crossbird is an E6 film signed as C41 for cross processing. It's (Agfa) RSXII emulsion on clear layer.
    In this way it's easier to get the film (cross) processed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post

Important message: if it's not Kodachrome, it's not Kodachrome.
    Yes I know that, but it is the closest I have come across yet.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post

BTW: Crossbird is an E6 film signed as C41 for cross processing. It's (Agfa) RSXII emulsion on clear layer.
    In this way it's easier to get the film (cross) processed.
    Yes but as was pointed out by someone who worked in a lab they want to know when they are cross processing so that they can rebalance their chemistry,

So just badging an E6 film as C41 process is subterfuge and rather deceptive.

Ian

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Theres too many men
    Too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Cant you see
    This is a land of confusion
    In that case I have to correct the old Genesis lyrics:

This is a land of deception.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Yes but as was pointed out by someone who worked in a lab they want to know when they are cross processing so that they can rebalance their chemistry,

So just badging an E6 film as C41 process is subterfuge and rather deceptive.

Ian
    This is a fair criticism. Professional labs that cross process often run cross processing at the end of the day, so it doesn't mess up anyone else's film or slow down the line in the middle of the day, when they may be getting rush orders. The lab needs to know what's really in the can.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    All Rollei-Maco input about the CN200, CR200 and the related Crossbird and Redbird films seems to be deleted from APUG.
    By deleting threads the only information source is the German http://www.aphog.de forum where you can only read in German about these new products.
    Actually the complete thread is still there but closed. Unfortunately a small group of people, or maybe even just one or two with multiple aliases began posting about Maco products all over the place, it was obviously a concerted effort to raise Maco/Rollei's profile in a rather under hand way.

If you did the same people would get justifiably annoyed and now doubt moderators would take action. However you don't and instead you make a valuable and informed contribution to this website, and people respect you for that.

Some of us have friends in Germany so we do hear what's said on Aphog "Sebastian Junghans [translation -- Those, who get deliberately upset in a very important English speaking forum about our market introduction of the Crossbird, I see as appalling uninformed.

Unfortunately accompanied with an even more appalling manifested ignorance, intensified by weird kind of wording, which lack any decency and respect.

Respect is a two way thing, and Sebastian and his friends weren't respecting the way this website works. I'd have to say how wrong he is, most members here are very well informed and know how to cross process, some buy from Maco/Rollei or their distributors. But some APUG members who are German speakers feel that those same people who posted here are also ruining Aphog.

People welcome sensible above the board product announcements, but you don't see employees of Ilford, Freestyle (Rollei & Foma US Importer) or any other sposnor making sales pitches in the general run of the mill Forums here.

Since joining APUG I've bought from a few Sponsors here and will continue to do so, I've even encouraged others to join & become a sponsor.Although I've not bought from you (yet) I became aware of your Online store, and I've checked ut out a few times, you have the right approach and I respect taht.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

[...] Unfortunately a small group of people, or maybe even just one or two with multiple aliases began posting about Maco products all over the place, it was obviously a concerted effort to raise Maco/Rollei's profile in a rather under hand way.
    [...]
    But some APUG members who are German speakers feel that those same people who posted here are also ruining Aphog.
    [...]

Ian
    This is really true!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To take the thread back to its original subject, I've just gotten my first roll of the E-6 CR200 back from Dwayne's. I haven't shot slide film since I was a kid, so I'm not at all confident that I can discern much about the film itself, but I'm fairly happy with the results, all things considered.

It looks like I underexposed a touch; the slides look good when held up to a bright light, but it has to be a *bright* light to see them clearly, and on scanning them (or I assume projecting them, but I can't find the projector!) it becomes clear that some shadow detail is missing. The colours seem quite nice to my eye, not particularly saturated but quite realistic; I shot through a warming filter and I think it was more than I needed.

But the film looks pretty grainy, enough to impair the sense of sharpness in the images. It's a 200 ASA film, of course; I don't expect miracles, but it seems grainier than my expectations even with that in mind. Is this the same thing other users are finding, or is it a side effect of underexposure?

Thanks

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin