Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,409   Posts: 1,596,475   Online: 934

View Poll Results: Which do you shoot more of?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Ekachrome than Fujichrome

31 39.74%
  • I shoot more Fujichrome than Ektachrome

39 50.00%
  • I shoot about the same amount of Kodak as I do Fuji.

8 10.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I really like E100, but I buy whatever I can find cheap. If I had to pick a company, I would go Fuji because of Provia 400x.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel all alone out here shooting Ektachrome. It seems like more people shoot the Fujichromes. I like Ektachorme because I think that overall throughout all of the Ektachrome films, the colors are more realistic compared to most of the Fujichrome films.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I feel all alone out here shooting Ektachrome. It seems like more people shoot the Fujichromes. I like Ektachorme because I think that overall throughout all of the Ektachrome films, the colors are more realistic compared to most of the Fujichrome films.
    Have you tried all the Fujichrome films? Each one renders colour very differently. I'm told Astia is fairly "realistic" in the sense of recording how the eye sees things, but I haven't tried it yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried them. I also find that my Ektachrome that was processed in Fuji's chemicals is not as sharp as when it is processed Kodak.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ektachrome 64T is the only chrome film I shoot. Thankfully, it's available in all formats from 35mm to 8x10. I sure do miss Readyloads, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    @40 responses (sure, a very small sample size) it looks to be statistically dead even...
    Interesting! :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    @40 responses (sure, a very small sample size) it looks to be statistically dead even...
    Interesting! :-)
    I suspect that you might find a fairly even US (Kodak) vs R.O.W (Fuji) thing going on there as well.
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting that during the day yesterday Fuji was more popular. Overnight Kodak had become more popular. Perhaps confirming Aurum's idea.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I still am a Kodachrome shooter until the end. That said I have started to use Ektachrome E100G very nice film. For snaps I use Elitechrome 100 since I can get it at a very good price. So I would say I use more Ektachrome but I do like Fujichrome Astia 100F and Provia 400x.

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To be honest, now that I have an enlarger and room for the dark again, I am back to shooting more negs. Had shot almost exclusively chrome the last 2 years...and it probably was an even mix of E100GX, and Fuji Velvia, with a smattering of Kodachrome thrown in for nostalgia.
    Jed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin