Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,615   Online: 1157

View Poll Results: Which do you shoot more of?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Ekachrome than Fujichrome

31 39.74%
  • I shoot more Fujichrome than Ektachrome

39 50.00%
  • I shoot about the same amount of Kodak as I do Fuji.

8 10.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Once I've used my last 14 rolls of K64, I'll be moving to EPP, assuming it isn't discontinued before I've used up my current stash of 15 rolls. Never tried Provia or Astia. Velvia OK for the right subject in small doses, and something about the colour cast of Sensia that I don't like (I once shot 3 rolls of Sensia 100, and 3 of Kodachrome 64 on the same holiday in similar weather conditions, and the Kodachrome look so much more natural and pleasing to my eye).

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Fujichrome for sure. Ektachromes that I like to use are special emulsions which today are no longer sold: 320T and EIR come immediately to mind. I used E200 once. But virtually all the E-6 I've ever shot since I picked up a camera in late 1997 — my first E-6 roll in April 1998 — is Fujichrome. At first, it was Sensia, but I mostly fell into using MS100/1000. Later, I tried Provia and Velvia and found that I liked the former, while loathing the latter. Now I mostly shoot Provia and T64, as well as the remainder of MS100/1000 stock that I still have frozen. I've yet to try Astia, but would like to. Fortia SP, if it is ever made again, would be fun to try, but not really worth using it often.
    Fresh EIR is still made and sold in bulk for aerial photography, there is a guy who buys it, cuts it down and sells it on ebay in 35mm and 120.

I love Astia 100f, it is my answer to anything - lovely sunsets, landscapes, portraits, nudes, finest grain, best latitude.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    @40 responses (sure, a very small sample size) it looks to be statistically dead even...
    Interesting! :-)
    This actually surprises me. I was SURE that the number of Fujifilm shooters would blow away the number of Ektachrome shooters by a wide margin. It just seems like SO many more people shoot Fuji than Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was suprised too! As I already mentioned, I feel alone shooting Ektachrome.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Fresh EIR is still made and sold in bulk for aerial photography, there is a guy who buys it, cuts it down and sells it on ebay in 35mm and 120.
    Yeah, I'm aware. Cheers.

I have a couple of 2007-expiry EIR left in the freezer. I might try his 120, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted Fujichrome, but only because they have a larger selection and I use Velvia (50 & 100) when I go on vacation. I do like EliteChrome, however.

I don't actively shoot slide film because it's slightly expensive to buy and develop, and I don't have the subject matter to use it on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone have this guys ebay id or a link to where he is selling it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Does anyone have this guys ebay id or a link to where he is selling it?
    You mean the EIR guy?

If so, it's this guy on flickr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes the EIR guy. Is the film expensive? I would really like to try some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Yes the EIR guy. Is the film expensive? I would really like to try some.
    Relative to what EIR cost in 35mm when Kodak offered it, the prices are fairly reasonable. That is to say, I believe they are in the CAD$30 neighbourhood for 120 or 135. I've yet to buy any because any EIR was spendy to begin with. The only reason I was able to buy mine was because I found a store that had had them sitting in a freezer since their expiry and knew they could no longer sell them as fresh, so they docked the price somewhat. I thought that was kind of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin