Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,079   Online: 1022

View Poll Results: Which do you shoot more of?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Ekachrome than Fujichrome

31 39.74%
  • I shoot more Fujichrome than Ektachrome

39 50.00%
  • I shoot about the same amount of Kodak as I do Fuji.

8 10.26%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ektachrome or Fujichrome

Do you shoot more Fujichrome or more Ektachrome. I'm just curious as to who holds more of the E-6 market.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot more Ektachrome, but that's because I got a large stash of rolls for free. If I was actually spending my money, I would probably use more Fujichrome, except for Elite Chrome 100, my favorite "all-around" E-6 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fujichrome for sure. Ektachromes that I like to use are special emulsions which today are no longer sold: 320T and EIR come immediately to mind. I used E200 once. But virtually all the E-6 I've ever shot since I picked up a camera in late 1997 — my first E-6 roll in April 1998 — is Fujichrome. At first, it was Sensia, but I mostly fell into using MS100/1000. Later, I tried Provia and Velvia and found that I liked the former, while loathing the latter. Now I mostly shoot Provia and T64, as well as the remainder of MS100/1000 stock that I still have frozen. I've yet to try Astia, but would like to. Fortia SP, if it is ever made again, would be fun to try, but not really worth using it often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji's strongest points for my shooting are T64 and Provia 400X. I also like Velvia 100F for certain things. I have used Provia 100F quite a lot, as I used a lot of it when I got mad over Kodak's discontinuations and switched, but I have to admit that I do prefer the Kodak films when I want a medium-speed daylight film, and have switched back. Very occasionally, I will employ Velvia 50 or 100.

For Kodak, I love EPN and EPP. For daylight and flash, they are absolutely perfect, and there is not a thing I would change about them. I believe EPN is discontinued, however. There are a bunch more discontinued Ektachromes that I loved. For most things, I prefer EPP over any of the E100s.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Provia 400X is the only slide film I buy fresh - my favourite Ektachrome: 320T is now gone and I have to get it old off ebay.

I wanted to try E200, but a recent thread here said it's no longer distributed in the UK.
    Last edited by perkeleellinen; 07-16-2009 at 02:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: of - off

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Fujichrome, though that could change because the last roll I received back from their new franchised processor had fingerprints on some slides. I wrote to them in May, chased them a month later but still have had no reply. Very disappointing.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't used Ektachrome for more than twenty years, I'm sure the current range will be excellent but the company I buy my films from ( the only one in the city left that sells pro film that is refrigerated ) that is also an official Fuji processing lab, only sells Fuji film and processes slides in two hours, which I find very convenient.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Generally, I'll shoot whatever 120 chrome I can get cheap - out-of-date or near-dated. Fresh is great but cheap is better, IMO. :-) I fully respect Fuji's offerings, and recently bagged a couple of rolls of fresh Velvia 100. I haven't tried Astia. Until about two years ago, I avoided Ektachrome because of the old 'Ektachrome blues' that these films used to suffer from. But I've fallen for the new Ektachromes, especially Ektachrome 100VS; I like that film's response to yellows and reds - quite close to Kodachrome IMO - so it's my new fave rave. There's a pro pack of Ektachrome 100 (EPN) in my freezer bought for £10 and one of E100VS and the Velvia. With the amount I shoot, that'll last me a year or two.

In mono, it's home-grown Ilford every time.
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to use either Kodachrome or Fujichrome, I guess that now K14 is deleted I'll be using 400x and Astia with the odd roll of Velvia. I used to like the the old Ektachrome 64 pro but moved to Fuji 50F in the late 1980's I have only used a few Kodak E-6 films since but will possibly try 100VS if I get the time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Fujichrome by far (almost entirely Velvia 50, though also some Velvia 100F, Velvia 100, and Provia 400X). If Kodak would update E100VS with finer grain, I'd use it a whole lot more; as it is I only use it rarely for wildlife when I'm sure I won't be including lots of sky area.

This isn't a partisan thing for me - I generally prefer Kodak products when it comes to color negative.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin