Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,868   Online: 924

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    $50CDN is a "go away" price. Just mail it to Dwayne's yourself, which is what I do. Info at--

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    JustFilmSF.com would be a great site if they carried anything, unfortunately, they don't seem to at the moment.

Shooter
    35mm
    Seems Dwayne's has updated their prices - it's now US$22.95 ($10 + $12.95) for processing and mailing to Canada for 1 roll (plus mailing costs to them), and they say they're now shipping via USPS. A couple of weeks ago it was US$27 and shipping via FedEx.

Incidentally, someone PM'd me a while back and said GPC Labworks in Ottawa will also send away Kodachrome for you. I contacted them and they said it's CDN$12 for processing, CDN$5 for shipping to/from Dwayne's, and approx. CDN$7 for return shipping from them to me (so, CDN$24 total).

It's a shame Qualex went under - their coordinated shipping made K-64 processing from Canada not cheap, but at least considerably more affordable.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, pass on Henry's. When I asked in February, just after Shoppers stopped accepting Qualex-related orders, Henry's on Queen St. in Toronto said $16, or $3 more than what I paid previously. If your canister does not say process paid, do the direct-to-Dwayne's route. Just bear in mind that sending down there will run about $7 thanks to Canada Post air mail costs for a parcel, even though it's lightweight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, I just had a semi-related thought about merchandising availability for these last runs: are these only being distributed in black cartridge, non-prepaid-for-the-American-market, or can we expect to find process-paid, red cartridge rolls being sold in Canada, UK, and elsewhere? I get the feeling that only the American retailers are getting their hands on this. Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OUT OF STOCK AT B&H.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    OUT OF STOCK AT B&H.
    Whew! Just made it, I hope!

I knew it wouldn't last long after this thread was posted!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMG View Post
    I just checked how much the local camera shop, Henry's in Waterloo Ontario, would charge to develop that film. $50 CDN a ROLL!!!!!

Their explanation of the cost is because it now has to go to Kansas for processing. Guess I will never get the one and only roll of Kodachrome I ever shot processed now.

That just sucks.

But, great to hear that someone has it in stock.

Woo hoo.

That's what's called a "lazy tax", applied to those who don't send it off to Dwayne's themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Actually, I just had a semi-related thought about merchandising availability for these last runs: are these only being distributed in black cartridge, non-prepaid-for-the-American-market, or can we expect to find process-paid, red cartridge rolls being sold in Canada, UK, and elsewhere? I get the feeling that only the American retailers are getting their hands on this. Thoughts?
    The prepaid processing cartridges haven't been available in Canada since shortly after the Brampton lab was closed down - old stock and grey market (from Europe) stock excepted.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The prepaid processing cartridges haven't been available in Canada since shortly after the Brampton lab was closed down - old stock and grey market (from Europe) stock excepted.
    Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin