Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,479   Posts: 1,644,403   Online: 818

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Where does this 800 phone number ring to?
    Maybe Terrell, Texas.

Kodachrome processing via Walmart & Fuji is less than $7.00/36 exp. roll plus local sales tax. That's cheaper than the postage going directly to Dwayne's.
    Last edited by Venchka; 07-24-2009 at 11:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Palm Springs, CA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Maybe Terrell, Texas.
    /me snickers

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a Fuji lab in Terrell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    There is a Fuji lab in Terrell.
    Oh, I thought it was mild sarcasm. I read that one very wrong.

Having visited Terrell one weekend twenty years ago when I was 16, I honestly believed it was 1949 and remember sitting on a porch around a bunch of locals where some pretty nasty talk came from their mouths. It shocked me, and it's how I forever remembered the place: slow, backwards, neo-antebellum (if such a concept could exist). If I went back there now, I'm fairly sure my mere presence would get the town sheriff to tell me to best leave by sundown if I knew what was good for me. Or something like that. -_-

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji Color Processing Inc, Tullahoma, TN

Fuji Color Processing Inc, 385 W Lincoln St, Tullahoma, TN at least that is how the tech rep answered the phone.

Jim

Sorry for the late reply.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMG View Post
    The Waterloo Henry's is not great for film, but there is one guy there who still supports it. The rest of the staff are basically not interested in it and don't know much at all about it.
    I was in there the other day buying some film and the manager was standing there. I said to him that he should get some of the new Kodak Ektar and he looked at me like I had three heads. His response was "I don't know film at all, maybe someone else here can help you". I told him that I was not asking for some right at the moment, but rather that I would like them to order some for me. He just shrugged his shoulders and turned back to arranging the film in the little case they have for it. What a tool.
    What do you guys think is more profitable to a camera shop? Selling 35mm rolls of film or new digital cameras and memory cards every 1-2 years?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Without seeing sales margins and sales sheets, wouldn't the consumables make a greater profit as based on proportion of that item's cost going to the dealer? For digital bodies, wouldn't there be a kind of rush to the bottom to compete against competitors whose margins are also very limited given that the manufacturer or distributor probably sells them at similar per unit prices.

What's probably more profitable are the in-house service contracts they sell for these digital devices and profit from used lenses and other used gear.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin