Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,256   Online: 1170

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    One thing for sure, it will be in mirror image.
    Unless you use a camera with a mirror in it: http://www.timhunkin.com/61_cameras.htm

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will it be fun? Yes. Will it save you money or have the same technical qualities as a transparency or C-41 film? Not by a long shot.

My suggestion is simply to buy more than 10 sheets at a time. If most of that $50 - $60 is shipping charges, you are really paying a lot of money per sheet. However, with more sheets, the shipping would be a much smaller percentage of the total, thus lowering the cost per sheet. I would get at least 50 to 100 at a time if I was getting charged $35 shipping no matter how many I bought (and much more if I could afford it).

Is there not an Australian dealer of sheet films?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Chemistry is another cost factor which makes ilfochrome look attractive, have been doing chromes using Xtol or R09 + C41 as a colour developer and colour negs too, but the chemistry is $180 for 5 litres (C41 dev, bleach, fix), B&W is cheap though hence ilfochrome = looking good.
    I was intending to try making some chromes by developing in Rodinal/ID11, exposing, then redeveloping in C-41, and I saw your post (above). Do you have any tips for doing this, exposure recommendations, rodinal times etc.?
    I was also planning on trying some E4/C22 dev in low temp C41 chems (I've just bought my first C41 kit from Silverprint and am raring to try all the odd development things I've theorised about over about the last year...) Anybody got any tips on that too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Unless you use a camera with a mirror in it: http://www.timhunkin.com/61_cameras.htm

Steve.

I love the idea that he processes the Ilfochrome paper in his suitcase camera too!!

Can't imagine what the acid does to the Aluminum!

Asher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin