Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,064   Online: 911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What lab does quality 110 film developing and printing?

I have started to use my Pentax 110 and Minolta Weathermatic 110 cameras for fun again. I am not happy with the results I have gotten back form the lab lately. I have really good 110 prints from years ago. Especially with my Pentax 110 camera. Does anyone know of a lab that does quality 110 work?

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Never having used 110, I cant speak from personal experiance, but I can recommend Dwayne's, since they do a great job with everything else and I dont know why they wouldn't with 110.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pro FIilm Processing

Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    I have started to use my Pentax 110 and Minolta Weathermatic 110 cameras for fun again. I am not happy with the results I have gotten back form the lab lately. I have really good 110 prints from years ago. Especially with my Pentax 110 camera. Does anyone know of a lab that does quality 110 work?
    1st Photo in Rapid City, SD. does first class processing on 3 Agfa MSC-200 optical printers, Ektachrome, B&W and Color hand processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send it to Dwayne's Photo. (www.dwaynesphoto.com)
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    it'll get to dwayne's by "sending out"
    through sam's club or wally's ...

i have a lab around the corner from me,
    she does up o 120 (i think?) and down to 110 ...
    and she prints VERY well.

not sure if you want to send it to RI

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ektagraphic
    I see that in a post from March of this year you said the following about Dwayne's.

"They are terrible when it comes to printing. The prints look like they were done at York Photo. Gross. Dwayne's does do great Kodachrome Processing."

Have you changed your mind or have they gotten better?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From some recent work I have seen, they have gotten better and for 110 they have done okay work. They do really great working making optical black and white prints for a great price! I send my lots of my B&W there. For high quality 35mm C-41, they are not the place. Not awful, but good enough for jobs not critical.
    Last edited by Ektagraphic; 07-23-2009 at 08:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    i like using dwaynes for slides but the last time i sent them some 110 and 126.. the prints were really bad. like hairs were on the lenses, the lens wasnt focused properly..etc. and for the 126 they printed without using the 126 mask. if i had known they were going to do that i never would have sent them the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would definitely give a no to Dwayne's for 110. I sent some 110 to be reprinted, and the negatives came back scratched to sh*t. The prints were printed from the scratched negatives, and were out of focus as well. Before you ask, they weren't scratched before, and I sent them in a print file negative page.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My local Target now has Fuji send out service. I will try a roll of 110 thought them. It is Fuji 110 film after all. Does anyone know if Fuji actually still develops their film. Do they subcontract it out the way Kodak has done and send it to Dwayne’s or some other lab?

I also see a lot of you don’t like Dwayne's Photo. Well where do you send your 110 film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin