Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,644   Online: 1089

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear Bohngy;
    When processing film in smooth walled tubes I use fiberglass window screen between the film back and tube wall. Just cut some 4x5 pieces to fit and load the tube making certain that the screen is against the back of the film. The screen allows the chemicals to reach the entire film back and problem solved. Be sure to rinse and dry the screen before use.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Photo Engineer;831980]The color coming out during the prewash is mainly due to acutance dyes and trimmer dyes. The latter adjust the speeds of the 3 layers or trim them, to assure an exact speed to the film and an exact speed relationship between layers. The acutance dyes enhance sharpness by reducing the effects of turbidity in the coating.
    P.E.,
    Nothing in this discussion is related to anything I do in the darkroom and probably never will. I just want to chime in to say I sure am glad you stick to this user's group to provide answers like the above. Thanks.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The color coming out during the prewash is mainly due to acutance dyes and trimmer dyes. The latter adjust the speeds of the 3 layers or trim them, to assure an exact speed to the film and an exact speed relationship between layers. The acutance dyes enhance sharpness by reducing the effects of turbidity in the coating.
    P.E.,
    Nothing in this discussion is related to anything I do in the darkroom and probably never will. I just want to chime in to say I sure am glad you stick to this user's group to provide answers like the above. Thanks.
    ditto

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it and am glad to help.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin