Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,610   Online: 950

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Crystal Archive Issues?

I've noticed through trial and error that fuji papers in room temperature RA4 tend to give crossover and magenta highlights (clouds) when properly balanced but that Kodak papers with Kodak films give me very nice results. Is this something worth noting? I've tried Fuji Crystal Archive with both Kodak and Fuji films, neither of which have yielded satisfactory results. Does fuji not work with the room temperature setup?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't print myself (yet...I wish I could , but I have heard of these problems before. You're not alone.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard the same. Fuji uses an entirely different emulsion type than Kodak and so temperature effects may be more severe. I have heard more general complaints about Fuji CA II paper which requires a new proprietary Fuji developer. That may add to the problems.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Riiiight the problems got worse when I switched from the old fuji emulsion to the new digital optimized version because I preferred gloss. I'm selling it. To ebay I go...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin