Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,807   Online: 967

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

uk analogue labs

Hello,

I rarely shoot colour film but am planning on using Porta NC on a forthcoming trip to Istanbul.

I'm looking for recommendations of any UK labs that print analogue - I'm using Portra for it's lovely natural colours and don't want digital prints with that saturated colour-on-steroids look...!

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gavin,

Quite a long way from you, but have you considered Metro Imaging

http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/printi...urprinting.asp

I haven't yet used them but have had very helpful email conversations in the past
    - and of course they have a very high reputation

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for this, will keep them in mind for larger prints.

I should have been clearer in my original post though. I'm really after a lab that does a process and print option (just looking for bog standard size 6 x 4 prints in the first instance), but with analogue prints rather than digital prints. Mail order is fine.

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might have a long search, as most minilabs these days for the 6x4 proof print sets are scanners, even if they then laser print onto proper RA4 paper.

If you can get them minlabbed, but with specified no corrections, that may be the most cost effective to start with
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Pro labs I used all installed Noritsu or more commonly Fuji Frontier Digital Minilabs quite a while ago for their 35mm & 120 throughput.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin