Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,119   Posts: 1,613,243   Online: 840

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt;

That worked. Thanks!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gotten my chemicals list for C-41 in hand now. I don't have the RA chemicals list handy but will add some data at the end.

C-41 special chemicals

Developer: CD-4, Hydroxyl Amine Sulfate. All other chemicals are standard to B&W processes. pH = 10.1

Bleach (Not bleach III): Ammonium Ferric EDTA, Disodium EDTA or EDTA + Ammonium Hydroxide. pH = 6.5

Stabilizer (old style): Formalin 37%, Photo Flo 200 . pH as mixed

RA-4

Developer: CD-3, Diethyl Hydroxylamine Oxalate + several other exotic things not in hand including some Lithium salts. pH 10.1

Blix: Ammonium Ferric EDTA, Disodium EDTA or Ammonium salt of EDTA, Ammonium Hypo, Ammonium Sulfite. pH 6.5

Any other chemicals except for the RA- developer are common photo chemicals such as KI, NaBr, NaCl, Na2SO3, Na2CO3 and etc.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the links that helped demystify the vast array of Kodak chemistry, although after searching through the on-line catalogs I have a question about bleach. Is the bleach interchangeable, can I use RA-4 bleach for C-41 or should I buy the separate bleach for each process? The reason I'm asking is that I've found ra-4 bleach in small quantities but c-41 bleach they want you to buy a lifetime supply

jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RA4 uses a bleach-fix or blix. It should not be used for C41 or E6.

The E6 and C41 bleaches can be interchanged with some alteration of time. You have to work that out for yourself though, as I don't have the data.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    RA4 uses a bleach-fix or blix. It should not be used for C41 or E6.

The E6 and C41 bleaches can be interchanged with some alteration of time. You have to work that out for yourself though, as I don't have the data.

PE
    Ok went back and looked at the listing and the description from Calumet just said bleach/replenisher but when I looked at a larger picture the bottle said bleach/fix And now I know to make sure the bleach is for the right type of film also, so bleach isn't just bleach.
    Thank you
    jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jamie;

From the sound of it, you need to study up on the processes that you wish to get involved with just for your own peace of mind and pocketbook.

Best of luck.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    At this point in time I am getting decent results using the kits. I am working at making the next step and trying to figure the actual chemicals needed and exactly how they work. I blame my doctor he told me that to get my brain back to where it was before my stroke I needed to work it and learn stuff, the only problem is that everything that goes in is spindled, folded, and mutilated. All I can do is to endeavor to persevere and to stay focused on the next step and not on the finish and hope for understanding when my brain stops working and I ask a question without thinking
    ending demonstration of my now poor communication skills
    jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jamie;

I'll do my best to try and help. Just ask.

See if you can get a copy of the Kodak Color Dataguide. It has lots of information in it that would help.

Best wishes.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Jamie;

I'll do my best to try and help. Just ask.

See if you can get a copy of the Kodak Color Dataguide. It has lots of information in it that would help.

Best wishes.

PE
    not sure if your aware of this but there is a guy that used to work at the kodak labs on this list and while a lot of his posts are over my head I'm learning a lot by reading them.
    Thank you
    jamie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin