Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,373   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    List? I'm not sure what list you are referrring to. I worked in the Kodak Research labs for 32 years.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    PE, how long are RA developers good for in un-opened bottles. I have a couple of boxes of Kodak's RA developer, each box has three bottles to mix the solution. All bottles are factory sealed, but they are at least 3-5 years old. I am looking to start printing color, but I don't know if these will work or if I need to get fresh stuff.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RA developer is bad when part B (the smallest bottle) turns dark brown. The other two can darken but "B" is the critical one.

It usually takes 2+ years on the shelf, but this depends on how long since it was made.

Mixed, in partially full bottles with an inert gas, it will keep for about 6 months. Without inert gas it will keep about 4 weeks.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, I'll check the part B.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I checked the bottle and part "B" is very dark, so I will have to get new stuff. I found that the university I teach at has a Nova slot processor and I want to set it up, but I am unsure of which products I need to start a system. I assume the developer like this is right, and a blix like this, but my processor has only three slots, so do I use a stop bath in the center or should I use a stabilizer like this? If the stabilizer can be used at room temperature, I may use a tray just before the final wash. My color dataguide is from 1996 and doesn't discuss the chemicals needed, just development times.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the RA-RT developer replenisher for snappier results but that one you show is just fine.

You need develop, stop (1 - 2% acetic acid) and blix, then wash.

A stabilzer is not needed for paper. I use a tray wash.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Would I be able to substitute the acetic stop with Indicator Stop Bath?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, but the filter dyes from the paper will turn it blue when it is still good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Yes, but the filter dyes from the paper will turn it blue when it is still good.
    "It" being the stop bath, not the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you prewet and develop, there should be no dye left in the paper by the time you go into the stop bath. Of course, for tray processing, a prewet is not necessary but can help.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin