Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,404   Online: 920

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alan;

The formulas you cite here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/4...i-recipes.html are the most nearly correct E6 formulas I have seen published.

Note that DTOD seems to replace ED in the color developer. This is a rather recent change if correct. I would not have done that.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Thanks, if he decides to participate in this thread, then his comments should be interesting to read.
    Well, I got mailer daemon:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address..."

regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Well, I got mailer daemon:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address..."

regards,
    I haven`t seen any magazine articles written by Derek Watkins for a long while now.
    I think his last publication was a book about Bromoils. It would have been interesting to read his comments on this thread if he participated. The formula in the link obviously satisfied him, but didn`t get past PE`s high quality standards.

It's hard to find ethylene diamine for sale.Presumeably it would be OK to use EDTA and add some extra Sodium Hydroxide in Watkins' formula?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Johnson View Post
    It's hard to find ethylene diamine for sale.Presumeably it would be OK to use EDTA and add some extra Sodium Hydroxide in Watkins' formula?
    That will not work at all. EDTA is totally different in action.

PE

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are going to want to store and work with ethylene diamine in a hood because it is a fuming hygroscopic liquid. You will likely not find it except through a large (local) research chemical supply house. The free-base is nasty to handle but only a small quantity is needed. Once in the color developer solution it presents no further handling problem. You might have better luck locating the sulfate which is solid powder although it hydrolizes to a highly alkaline solution. However, since you use only a few grams it's probably not worse to handle than KOH.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin