Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 638

View Poll Results: Which do you shoot more of?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more E100G

21 37.50%
  • I shoot more E100VS

18 32.14%
  • I shoot more E200

7 12.50%
  • I shoot more Ektachrome 100 Plus

7 12.50%
  • I shoot more Ektachrome 64T

3 5.36%
  • I shoot a pretty equal amount of all the Ektachrome films

7 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ektachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is intersting how there is such a low turn out for E200
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like E100VS, and have a few 120 rolls in the freezer. I also have some EPN 100, but as that's long gone it doesn't really count. It'll be at least a year until I've used my stocks up - I'm hoping at least VS will be there when I reload.
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs View Post
    I like E100VS, and have a few 120 rolls in the freezer. I also have some EPN 100, but as that's long gone it doesn't really count. It'll be at least a year until I've used my stocks up - I'm hoping at least VS will be there when I reload.
    E100VS is beautiful stuff, I love it to bits. When Kodak finally drop it, that'll be the last film I ever buy in a yellow box - not out of spite, just because that's the only one of their films I really like. But boy, I do love it so - at the moment I'm "happy" to hand over eye watering amounts of cash to buy it in 35mm, 120 and 4x5.

As an aside, anyone grumbling about Ilford B&W price rises clearly hasn't experienced the sticker shock of buying Ektachrome sheet film...
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another vote for E100VS. I prefer it over Velvia 50 for landscape work, I just find the colors more believable and less garish. On the other hand, my results with E100G have been disappointing: drab, strange color casts in the shadows.
    Larry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think the last Ektachromes I used with any frequency were EPN for very neutral and accurate color reproduction and EPJ (320T), which was very versatile as a fast color transparency film for night photography or filtered to daylight. Both have been discontinued, so the slide films I use most are Provia 100F, 400F until I finish my stash and switch to 400X, and Astia 100F, with a little Kodachrome in there occasionally.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have assumed E100G and E100VS to be the most popular. I personally like to use them all and I do.

Shooter
    35mm
    The only Ektachrome I use is VS, though I greatly prefer Velvia 50. I tend to like E100VS's color palette better than the 100-speed Velvias, but it's so grainy in comparison (in 35mm at least) that I usually reach for Velvia 100F or 100 anyway when I need the speed ... I'd love to buy more VS but it seems the chances of Kodak updating it with finer grain are pretty slim at this point.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Schoof View Post
    I'd love to buy more VS but it seems the chances of Kodak updating it with finer grain are pretty slim at this point.
    I'd say the chances are more like zero. Kodak has made it quite clear that they are done with slide film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E100VS is really the only reversal film I shoot anymore. I love the look of it. It's a phenomenal film and irreplaceable. I like the results I've gotten from Ektar but it's no E100VS.

As for volume, I shoot maybe one roll of it every two months.

If you count Super 8, then I shoot a little E64T as well.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only Ektachrome I never really looked at was E100VS because I am one for natural and not overly saturated colors. I just tried it and I am stunned. I really like its colors and I can see why it is so well liked!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin