Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,271   Online: 778

View Poll Results: Which do you shoot more of?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more E100G

21 37.50%
  • I shoot more E100VS

18 32.14%
  • I shoot more E200

7 12.50%
  • I shoot more Ektachrome 100 Plus

7 12.50%
  • I shoot more Ektachrome 64T

3 5.36%
  • I shoot a pretty equal amount of all the Ektachrome films

7 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ektachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    It is intersting how there is such a low turn out for E200
    Probably because most slide shooters are generally into daytime outdoor photography (nature, mountains, cityscapes, buildings, bridges, etc). And for this sort of photgraphy, the fine grain and sharpness of a slower film trumps speed.

Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post
    It's a phenomenal film and irreplaceable. I like the results I've gotten from Ektar but it's no E100VS.
    I know that alot of people think that people like us are fools for not switching to C41 films. But let's face it. Slide film has a visual impact to it that C41 will NEVER be able to duplicate. Also, if you like to project, then you are out of luck with C41.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    The only Ektachrome I never really looked at was E100VS because I am one for natural and not overly saturated colors. I just tried it and I am stunned. I really like its colors and I can see why it is so well liked!
    I think E100VS suffers from people's experience with Velvia... Thanks to Velvia people seem to assume a saturated slide film also has to look completely unrealistic and cartoonish; E100VS is proof this doesn't need to be the case.

E100VS is actually perfectly natural to me; it's the only film I know that renders colours as I see them - I find all other colour films rather 'muted' compared to the memory in my head.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm
    I think E100VS suffers from people's experience with Velvia... Thanks to Velvia people seem to assume a saturated slide film also has to look completely unrealistic and cartoonish; E100VS is proof this doesn't need to be the case.
    It's all personal taste I guess - I've always thought VS was more cartoonish than Velvia (I mean the original 50 here), especially the way it overdoes reds and yellows to the point of turning mostly-brown leaves reddish and popping real reds beyond the level of anything I've experienced in nature. To me Velvia sees the world more like I do. To each his/her own, though - I hope VS stays around for a long time, and if they'd reduce the grain I'd still find a lot more uses for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I voted I shoot pretty much an equal amount of all the ektachrome films, meaning I shoot none. I make up for it by shooting just as much of the other slide films.

I'd really like tostart shooting slide film. I think it's pretty cool to project a slide rather than look at a print every once in a while. you know, just to change it up a bit. Unfortunately, I probably wont shoot enough to justify buying a kit of e-6 chems, and i'm too poor to go and pay $8 or $10 or whatever the only local photo store will charge me. I'm not a big fan of mailing film off or trusting Wal-Mart to do it for me, either (Poor and paranoid arent really a good combination :/)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't shoot any very often, please don't select an option as it messes the accuracy of the results
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin