Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,407   Online: 768

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cross processing, Missing starter & stabilizer

Today i decided to mix the chemicals instead of buying the kits. I used developer A,B,C without using the developer starter. I mixed the bleach replenisher also without using to bleach starter. My last issue is that i have no stabilizer! Will i be OK or should i expect issues? My first roll appears to be OK. Below are to snapshots from the first roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will not have to worry about the bleach starter. It is pretty unimportant in the scheme of things.

The images may go bad fast though, due to the lack of stabilzer.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You will not have to worry about the bleach starter. It is pretty unimportant in the scheme of things.

The images may go bad fast though, due to the lack of stabilzer.

PE

Thanks P.E Tomorrow I'm going to Calumet to pick up some stabilizer. Is the developer starter important? Can i reuse the chemicals? My plans are to dump it after each roll and mix a new fresh batch.

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-41 starter for cross processing is not necessary due to the already severe distortion in the curves by the cross process itself. If you were to use the developer for negative film, then I would worry.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info PE! I was going to but some Portra tomorrow, now i will have to buy the starter, if they have it.

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember that there are 2 types of C-41 developer. One does not require starter and the other does. The one that does not need starter is intended for rotary processors and tanks that are not to be replenished.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Remember that there are 2 types of C-41 developer. One does not require starter and the other does. The one that does not need starter is intended for rotary processors and tanks that are not to be replenished.

PE
    The developer I'm using is Fuji Hunt Negacolor LR A,B and C. It states on the label for working tank solution use 3.2oz per gallon. I guess that means i will have to use the starter if i want to process regular c41?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cannot help you there. You will have to consult the Fuji-Hunt instructions.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, If you are still out there, can i use a Kodak developer starter with Fuji Hunt Developers? I checked Calumet and they have Kodak chems is stock but no Fuji.

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do not mix and match developer components. Bleach components are a maybe, and fix components are ok to mix.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin