Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,024   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Multi Format

Developing color paper with film chems?

First off please excuse me if this question is stupid. I have only processed black & White so color is another world to me. I have processed b&w paper before with film chemicals and was wondering if i can do the same with color. I have rolls of Kodak color paper and the chemicals for c41 film and would like to try it. Does color paper go through the same process as the film? Develop, bleach, wash,fix, wash and stabilizer. Does anyone know the times and temps and strength of the developer?

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, the dye hues will be wrong, the dye stability will be wrong and you will getcrossover.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks PE! I knew i was pushing my luck with that one! With a slow week of work and apx 100 gallons of chemicals and 3 boxes of paper I'm like a kid in a candy store. My next thing will be an attempt at E6 (if i have the correct chems). I will post some questions about that another time. Thanks for all your advice you gave me on my 2 threads, It as very helpful!

Thanks again!!!

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    you could always say to hell crossover, dye stability, and dye color, but why waste perfectly good film developing chemicals on it? I might do it just for the hell of it if the chems were old or something, though, just to play around, but not with good chems.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I accidentally put the paper through C41 developer once and resulted with nothing...I believe there was a faint image but not recognizeable. Try splurging $15 for the gallon of ABC mix Kodak RA4 paper developer on Adorama.

The paper works SOOOO well in its normal developer...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post

The paper works SOOOO well in its normal developer...
    I agree

that's why I said I woulnt do it with new chems. If it's old and just gonna be discarded, might was well waste a little time and a couple sheets just for giggles.

Actually, on second thought, wasting paper may not be the best idea, either

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin