Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,660   Online: 943

Shooter
    Medium Format

Long Island Lab for 4x5 C41

Anyone know of a good lab on Long Island, NY that still processes 4x5 C-41 and makes custom prints from them? I have a shoot next week and just found out that none of the labs I've used in the past do C-41 in this format.

Any help useful.

Thanks

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    Anyone know of a good lab on Long Island, NY that still processes 4x5 C-41 and makes custom prints from them? I have a shoot next week and just found out that none of the labs I've used in the past do C-41 in this format.

Any help useful.

Thanks

Bob H

I'm not sure about Long Island, but there is Duggal Labs in Manhattan, just across the bridge from Long Island. I've never used them, but I've never heard anything but GREAT things about them!

Duggal Visual Solutions
    29 West 23rd Street
    New York, NY 10010
    T (212) 242-7000 | F (212) 486-1399
    www.duggal.com

from duggal's website

E-6, C-41, & B&W:

All film processed dip & dunk, from Monday- Friday 7 am- 8 pm. E6 last run at 5:30 pm. C41 and B&W last run at 4 pm. All film formats from 35mm, 120mm, 220, 4x5, to 8x10, are handled. E-6 printed within 3 hours, C-41 and B&W process turnaround is 6 hours. Contact sheets are additional 24 hours.

-dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Duggal is a solid professional lab that does very consistent work.

I have a friend who has lived on Long Island and done large format work out there over a period of years, mostly E-6, and I don't believe that he had any film processed on Long Island. Some he sent to Chicago, where he had a long term relationship with a lab, and some he sent to Manhattan.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. Had a small pro lab out here I've used for many years and they recently closed down. I've read good things about Duggal over the years so I think that's where I'll go.

Thasnks again.

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey bob,

if you are in a hurry, use duggal, if you don't have a very quick turnaround, and might save some cash, try Samys805 (the samy's e6/c-41 dip-n-dunk lab in santa barbara, CA).

they have VERY ECONOMICAL PRICES.

check out the site and the pricelist:

http://www.samys805.com/film-processing/

they do mail-order processing.

call them and talk to them if you need more details that the web-site doesn't provide

i've used them once so far (since i just found out about it, and all looks great!)

-dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot Daniel - appreciate it. I think I'll need a quicker turnaround on this job but I do intend to try Samy's. I've always avoided mail order for processing in the past because of the inherent risks, (lost items and uncertain heat/humidity conditions) In terms of costs, though, it'd probably cost me at least $40 to go into NYC - and I'd have to do it twice. Don't particularly want to reduce my margins by $80.00 !! Getting E-6 done out here is no problem, but everyone seems to have dropped C-41 in large format. Ah well, c'est la vie, (or lack of it!!)

Thanks again.

Bob H

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin