Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,925   Online: 876

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still have to see it anywhere in Sydney...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsouto View Post
    Still have to see it anywhere in Sydney...
    Vision image lab is at 10 Danks St Waterloo - See here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My fav photo place here in NZ has it for $12.50 in 135 thank God!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Vanbar was like that with Kodak Plus-X too, so now I reluctantly order it from the helpful folks at Freestyle...

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Vanbar was like that with Kodak Plus-X too, so now I reluctantly order it from the helpful folks at Freestyle...

Marc
    Kodak Australia definitely do not bring Plus-X into Australia, so that's not Vanbar's responsibility. I'm not sure of the situation with Ektar, it is available at some places in Sydney but who knows where they're getting it from.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whilst Vanbar is an extremely big supplier of most photographic consumables, there are some things they will not stock, seemingly sometimes without reason, other times with reason.

They have some limited supplies of certain B&W film brands, which I believe is because they are the importer of other brands of B&W film, I could be wrong, but it looks that way.

When Spotone left the scene, there was for a time, a dearth of this kind of product around. One day I was chatting to a saleswoman I knew well, when I mentioned that there was a replacement for this product.

This was news to her, so with a minute or two searching the web, we found the replacement product, her reaction was very positive. On a later visit to the store I enquired how she had gotten on regarding the Spotone replacement. She looked glum and mentioned something along the lines of, "the supplier of that product to this country has a like line of B&W film products in their imported range, so no go!"

Basically it can be politics, price, or just too hard.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    It's probably cheaper to mail order ten rolls from the US than it would be to buy it locally, knowing Australian film prices.
    With the current value of the aussie dollar (80 odd cents to the dollar) this is definitely the case
    Last edited by trotkiller; 08-05-2009 at 07:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Freestyle ships worldwide, and they're definitely the closest Stateside source to Oz. I imagine ordering a brick or two of Ektar from them wouldn't break the bank, shipping-wise. It probably would come out to about the same or maybe a little cheaper than ordering it locally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    Freestyle ships worldwide, and they're definitely the closest Stateside source to Oz. I imagine ordering a brick or two of Ektar from them wouldn't break the bank, shipping-wise. It probably would come out to about the same or maybe a little cheaper than ordering it locally.
    Not the case, unfortunately. The basic shipping charge starts around $40 no matter what. It only gets economical if you buy a fair amount of stuff. Same with B&H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, you need to go up to about 4 bricks to make it econnomical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin