Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,510   Online: 793

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    At $40, 10 rolls would cost you $4 US a roll to ship.

Ektar is about $5 US a roll in the US and Canada. Is it less than $9 US in Australia?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just bought two rolls from Vision Image lab in Sydney.

They are always friendly and the film is there in the fridge.

www.visionimagelab.com.au

You can also order it online from their website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I asked the man at Vanbar if Kodak Australia had given a reason for not releasing Ektar 100 here and his response was "Kodak Australia’s only response is that they don’t believe there is enough demand".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know this sounds stupid but why call Vanbar? Why not just call Kodak? The head office is in Melbourne- (03) 8417-8000
    They might be able to clear up if/why in isn't imported, they might also like to know that big dealers are saying there is no official import.
    Obviously some Australian outlets have it.
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    I know this sounds stupid but why call Vanbar? Why not just call Kodak? The head office is in Melbourne- (03) 8417-8000
    They might be able to clear up if/why in isn't imported, they might also like to know that big dealers are saying there is no official import.
    Obviously some Australian outlets have it.
    Mark
    It wouldn't be the first time a dealer has said a product was not available, then blamed the distributor, when in reality they simply don't want to carry it. Personally I couldn't see Kodak Australia not assigning a SKU as a special order item, then let the dealers decide if the demand was there or not.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time a dealer has said a product was not available, then blamed the distributor, when in reality they simply don't want to carry it. Personally I couldn't see Kodak Australia not assigning a SKU as a special order item, then let the dealers decide if the demand was there or not.
    What he said.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, checked with Total Photographic Supplies (Formerly L&P Photo) in Kent Town, South Australia, Today. They have Ektar in 120 in stock, and I asked them about the supply issue. They confirmed that Kodak Australia doesnt want anything to do with Ektar 100, and they have been getting it direct from Kodak overseas - I assume via Kodak US. They have no idea why either, and weren't pleased about it, or Kodak Australia's behaviour in general.
    So there you go - Not available, officially, in Australia.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The folks at Vanbar this afternoon also expressed annoyance at Kodak Australia, and mentioned they were thinking of sourcing it from overseas themselves too! I said "I'll buy some!" to encourage them :-)

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And then Kodak Australia wonders why their products "don't sell"?
    Hard to fathom why, when they themselves don't want to sell them...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the local Kodak agent here in NZ really sucks when it comes to film - even worse than Aussie if you can believe that - Ektar is hard to get and even blimmin Tri-X is scarce.. Folks, I want to spend money with you, can you give me something to spend my money on please!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin