Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,154   Online: 1232

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Ektar 100 not available in Australia

I have been informed by Vanbar that Kodak Australia have announced that they have no intention of releasing Ektar 100 in Australia.

Does anyone have a contact in Kodak who can give an informed answer on the reason for this decision?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    I have been informed by Vanbar that Kodak Australia have announced that they have no intention of releasing Ektar 100 in Australia.

Does anyone have a contact in Kodak who can give an informed answer on the reason for this decision?
    I used to have three contacts in Kodak, but they all lost their jobs when Kodak closed their Coburg facility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can send you some if you would like.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Maybe Kodak is taking an uncharacteristic stand on free speech issues in response to the Australian government's proposed nationwide web filtration?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is listed on the Kodak Australia Website.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's probably cheaper to mail order ten rolls from the US than it would be to buy it locally, knowing Australian film prices.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    It is listed on the Kodak Australia Website.
    My point exactly. Kodak have it listed on their web site as being available "worldwide", yet I trust the advice from Vanbar who are one of the biggest photographic suppliers left in Australia. I can't see any logical reason to not release Ektar 100 in Australia, unlike Kodachrome which was withdrawn some years ago when they closed their plant here.

I will probably end up getting some from Freestyle or similar, but I do like to support local suppliers whenever I can or they will stop stocking the things we want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought I saw Ektar 100 at my local store here in Adelaide as I remember thinking "Ahhh, that's the film they've been discussing on APUG."

08 8363 1783 - ask for Toby or Neil and tell them Nanette recommended you give them a call.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vision Image Lab has it. $13 or so per 120 roll (they have 35mm but I didn't ask the price).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes it is - saw it about 2 hours ago. 35mm and 120. Total Photographic supplies, Kent Town, South Australia - Details here.
    Sadly I lost faith in vanbar some time ago when they held onto my credit card details for 2 months before contacting me about my order, after a lot of emails. And so far as price goes, it was something like $10 a roll in 35mm, which was cheaper than the five rolls I ordered by mail earlier this year. Unusually reasonable.

EDIT: ahh, Nanette beat me to it.
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 08-05-2009 at 01:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin