Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,958   Online: 1048

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This thread I believe, referred to motion picture film cross processed in anything but the motion picture process chemistry. It will ruin the chemicals by leaving behind a residue of Rem-Jet.

So, don't try any cross processing with motion picture films.

PE
    It did happen in a lab in New Zealand when I worked there as a film editor. The DOP on a motion picture threw a couple of rolls of C41 from a still camera in with the rushes ("dailies" to you Yanks) and screwed up their chemistry. Not a small matter when the lab works at such a large scale.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never heard of C-41 messing up the ECN process. It will mess up the ECP process due to the vast differences in emulsions.

So, I'm surprised at a first. Or, something else may have taken place.

IDK.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it advisable to change EI or use color filtration when shooting E6 film specifically for the purpose of cross-processing it?
    f/22 and be there.

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

I tend to under expose

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Is it advisable to change EI or use color filtration when shooting E6 film specifically for the purpose of cross-processing it?
    I ususally underexpose by a 1/2 stop when XPROing E6 films in C-41 - it helps control blown highlights in my experience.

I found this particularly effective shooting some expired (1995) Ektachrome dupe film (rated iso 25) - but shooting it at 50 seemed better.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got my first roll of expired E6 back from Target. The pictures are all extremely green/yellow tinted. Does this tell me anything about if the film is any good for normal slide processing? I was going to go ahead and roll up the whole bulk roll in canisters, but now I'm worried it's no good.
    Last edited by BetterSense; 08-08-2009 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It tells you nothing about the quality of the film. This is due to the different color balance and the lack of masking in the Ektachrome. You have to custom print or scan and adjust.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    It tells you nothing about the quality of the film. This is due to the different color balance and the lack of masking in the Ektachrome. You have to custom print or scan and adjust.

PE
    Or do not cross process.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin