Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,332   Online: 943

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astia vs E100g

Shooter
    35mm
    Fujilab's UK site hints Astia will be soon gone from 35mm format: http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/astia-100f-p-78.html

So that leaves us with.. E100G, since KR64 was discontinued too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihmemies View Post
    Fujilab's UK site hints Astia will be soon gone from 35mm format
    Astia is my first choice once I won't have Kodachromes anymore. If that forthcoming discontinuance in 35mm is true, let's try with Sensia (RA), which is the consumer version of Astia (RAP).

My personal opinion, not a fact : what if Fujifilm prefers to sell more Sensia in 35mm to both professionals and hobby photographers, to still be able to make Astia in other formats ? That would reduce the costs for differents packagings, logistics... End of my personal opinion. I am just worried as Astia is used for single-8 movie film cartridges made by alternative companies, and worried because it's possible many films we use aren't coated anymore, and are just sold on a stock basis.

As a film is still in stock, let's use it and think of a possible replacement later. That is my way of using film now.

Stephane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    E100G
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used both and like both of them, but I sorta lean toward E100g.

Jeff

JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To me E100g and E100gx produce images which just seem 'right' to my eyes (more natural, perhaps), and I prefer their rendition to fuji transparency film, including Astia. I also find it scans better. It does matter who processes the film. One place I used for a while consistently produced very 'cool' transparencies, the company I currently use produce much more neutral ones. Pity about E100gx being discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Astia.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Astia 100f is my fave colour film of all time.

In my experience, the grain cannot be beaten, I love the colour, it just suits everything so well, accurate colour, intense sunset is intense sunset.. I actually love it for landscapes even.

Fantastic for skin as well.

If youre scanning and it looks too flat merely use an unsharp mask with a radius of 90 to 250 pixels with an amount % of 10-40% depending on radius.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SVeron View Post
    Astia is my first choice once I won't have Kodachromes anymore. If that forthcoming discontinuance in 35mm is true, let's try with Sensia (RA), which is the consumer version of Astia (RAP).
    Funny, Fuji (the guys who make the film) reckons they are entirely different films.

http://fujifilm.com.au/_uploads/prod...ter/doc_11.pdf
    http://fujifilm.com.au/_uploads/prod...ter/doc_20.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Funny, Fuji (the guys who make the film) reckons they are entirely different films.

http://fujifilm.com.au/_uploads/prod...ter/doc_11.pdf
    http://fujifilm.com.au/_uploads/prod...ter/doc_20.pdf
    The Sensia datasheet is outdated, as it refers to Sensia II, the amateur version of the original Astia, both containing the "old" color couplers.

The current Sensia (3rd generation with new color couplers) was introduced in 2003, but it is slightly more saturated than its pro counterpart Astia 100F, and slightly less than Velvia 100F.

If processed at too low alkalinity, all these three films get a green tint.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recommend Astia. Oh gosh i hope that they won't discontinue it. I'm planning on using it more and more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin