Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,079   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Elite Chrome Extra Colour

Has anyone used this film? I recently went travelling and bought a bunch of this and velvia 100.... I have to say, the kodak film absolutely killed the velvia stuff. The colours were more vibrant, and it was a lot easier to get a good exposure than with the velvia. A lot of the shots with the velvia were over exposed wheras the kodak films were not....the velvia also had a wierd red type look to them all.

I was very impressed with the elite chrome extra colour and all the more so because it was more than half the price.

I love it!

Shooter
    35mm
    I just realised this sounds like an add...haha. Its not, Im just interested in other people's thoughts on the film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used it often. It is quite similar to E100VS. I also feel it is better then Velvia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's pretty good stuff but it is very saturated.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where can you find it besides Unique Photo? I am not suprised that you are imressed. Kodak's films are very very good. If you enjoyed this, you may want to give E100VS a try too.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm

EBX

I just shot a roll of EBX last week at Cape May. It's good for almost everything except portraits. If the person being photographed dpesn't have perfect complection you can get too much red and every skin defect will show up. I keep hearing that EBX is discontinued. This week i will need to stop at Unique so I'll see if they have any. I have a roll of Velvia 50 here somewhere and I wanted to take it with me last week but I couldn't find it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Where can you find it besides Unique Photo? I am not suprised that you are imressed. Kodak's films are very very good. If you enjoyed this, you may want to give E100VS a try too.
    E100VS seems to be easier to find. Given the fact that it is basically the same thing, I would just stick with E100VS rather than Elite Extra Color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Adorama carries EBX for $4.99 per roll, $2 less than E100VS.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin