Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,619   Online: 754

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

ep2 color paper developer

Can someone give me the formula for Ep2 paper developer? I know it has been discontinued for many years but I have over 50 one hundred sheet boxes of the paper, that have been in the freezer and would like to use it for publicity shots so it doesn't have to last forever and I just hate to waste anything that I know is still good. Looking at prints made on the paper, ten years ago and stored at room temperature in boxes, look as good as the day I printed them so the paper should be good enough for giveaways. Thanks for your help.
    Denise Libby

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can supply you with unofficial/alternative EP2 formulae if you like. I used these formulae for several years before RA4 appeared. I can send you my formulary in Word 6 format if you like.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear mts;
    Thank you for your kind offer. I've sent you a p.m.
    Denise libby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Denise;

Any EP2 film would be very unreliable now. It lost red speed quite rapidly and it could spoil even if frozen. It could become very foggy. Which version do you have? E30, E37, E Plus???

Also, I have the exact formula here somewhere, from my old notes. Let me know.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear Ron;
    the color paper, not film as mentioned in your post, is Konica type EX color PC professional. There is no indication as to the versions you mentioned, just the usual emulsion # which is the same for all 50m boxes. I don't know if you can glean the version from it but here it is 858818 Z. Thank you very much for your kind offer.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear Ron;
    In reading my original post I see I mentioned publicity shots, that is probably the source of the confusion.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Denise;

The use of the word "film" was a typo on my part. Sorry. I understood paper as I listed some Kodak names.

The Konica papers were reported to have good room keeping but IDK. I have several boxes of it from that era myself. I have 2 EP2 kits that have spoiled, but you might get by using an RA-RT developer kit and adding 14 ml/l of benzyl alcohol to it. That might come close. If the paper is foggy, add 0.5 g/l of NaBr.

Your best bet would be to use Endura or CA paper with current chemistry though.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin