Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,346   Online: 774

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    You could also try soaking the print in water for a long period of time, the emulsion starts to degrade. I accidentally did this to some Elite chromes and they started to turn red.
    That is normal. If you look at the back side, it would have been cyan. Drying down should restore the full color.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    In 1963, the old magenta and yellow couplers were used which gave that Dmin problem and fade. The process itself could contribute to cyan fade if not done properly. That could have been either the P-122 process or the Ektaprint C process.

PE
    Just says "KODAK SAF.ETY FILM" on the neg.......... and the neg hasn't faded much, if at all, over all those years as I have proved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use any color print film, place it in the Sun for a few years and you will duplicate the colors of the OP.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
    Just says "KODAK SAF.ETY FILM" on the neg.......... and the neg hasn't faded much, if at all, over all those years as I have proved.
    My response referred to the paper the film was printed on.

The film changed in about 1972 the paper changed in 1969.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those suggesting pulling color negative film several stops: Have you ever done it? The C-41 developer time is only three and a quarter to three and a half minutes. Not only is it incredibly difficult to accurately time a pull, but anything more than a stop or so, and the color goes haywire. Anything over 1/2 stop, and you lose a lot of control over color balance when printing. IME, you can go as far as one stop and still get OK color, as long as it is for this sort of thing.

In short, overexpose like Mark Antony said, and pull 1/2 stop or 1 stop is my suggestion. Even then, the film will likely be too "good", and you will need to manipulate the picture a bit later.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin