Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,681   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wal-Mart for 120 send out C-41/E6

I've looked through the threads that are recent, but I haven't been able to find something that gives me the info I'm looking for, so I'm trying to illicit your help .

Question:

Does Wal-Mart still offer 120/220 C-41(and possibly E-6) through a bring-into-the-store-and-wal mart-sends it to Fuji labs for processing?

I'm a student on a SERIOUS budget right now, but I can't keep from shooting, and 120 is what I use the most of. And my color side is really itching right now

I'll be running over to my local store tomorrow to ask in person, call me impatient

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They tell me they (Fuji) only process film with prints. I use to use them for develop (C41) only, no prints. Its to expensive for me to have them make prints that I never liked. I am in Wisconsin.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I haven't taken 120 c41 in for a while but when I did last (like 6 weeks ago) the price was around $1.50 for process and print. That wasn't an error either, it's always that cheap. They don't sleeve the negs, but I've never had issues with scratches so I can't complain. 120 E6 is about $4 a roll, and they return the slides uncut and sleeved rolled up into a cardboard tube.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuckabean View Post
    I haven't taken 120 c41 in for a while but when I did last (like 6 weeks ago) the price was around $1.50 for process and print. That wasn't an error either, it's always that cheap. They don't sleeve the negs, but I've never had issues with scratches so I can't complain. 120 E6 is about $4 a roll, and they return the slides uncut and sleeved rolled up into a cardboard tube.
    so they do offer 120/220 e6? hows the quality?

i prefer to shoot chromes, but for school this fall, all my local labs are too expensive for process only .

so do you know if they offer process only, without the prints?

-dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Unbelievable cheap prices compared to "rip off" UK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Walmart/Fuji quoted me about $5.20 for 12x roll of 120 with the required prints. When they use to process in the store, a roll of develop only color negative was around $1.85
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    so they do offer 120/220 e6? hows the quality?

i prefer to shoot chromes, but for school this fall, all my local labs are too expensive for process only .

so do you know if they offer process only, without the prints?

-dan
    FWIW, I am a former student at your particular school. I can tell you that they will provide C-41 chemicals and processing facilities, so you can do as much C-41 processing as you want yourself for the cost of your semester lab fee ($30 or so, and this also includes as much Kreonite use as you have time for). They have a stainless sink for a water bath, a water temperature control valve, a color thermometer, etc. I'd take advantage of it. Take Martin. She is not only the best teacher there (BY FAR), but she is also the department head (she got this spot after I left), the most intelligent one, the most funny one, the only one who takes her job (that is TEACHING) seriously, and on top of it all, she is the only one that mixes Kodak brand chemicals for her classes. The others use Arista kits, or other cheesy kits that use blix.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 08-21-2009 at 02:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My bad. In my town, I should pay about 8 times more for the same service; Even if I go to the cheapest place for processing I have to pay about 8$.
    I almost fell off the chair when I seen the prices. :o
    Daniel. If Walmart sends out C41, do they send E6 too? I think that I've heard abut it in flickr and such. Well, I live overseas and never seen a walmart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    They tell me they (Fuji) only process film with prints. I use to use them for develop (C41) only, no prints. Its to expensive for me to have them make prints that I never liked. I am in Wisconsin.
    fuji sends everything but 35mm/c41 to dwaynes.
    it is a 2 weeks service ...
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They still do 120/220 @ Walmart, I've sent out C41 through them recently. It's crazy cheap, between $1.50 - $2/roll for either 120 or 220. I've sent out 6x7 and 6x9-shot film. The only things I don't like about it is the negs are unsleeved and somewhat carelessly put into the envelope, and they insist on leaving the idiotic staple in the end of the neg and including that, so often there's impressions/scratches(?) on one neg from where the staple was pressing against the one next to it. Morons. At least it's cheap.

-Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin