Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,699   Online: 925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Mystery roll Kodacolor X

Popped open the back of old Argus C2 to find a roll of 40 year old film staring me in the face. Curious what could be on it, but not set up for color. Don't know if C-22 chemistry is still available for that matter.
    May be a wild goose chase (camera not operating properly so could have been a test roll...).
    Anybody out there up for a little project/experiment/total waste of time? I would be happy to mail off to any interested party. Only ask that you post what you find. I would of course pay all postage, and throw in a couple bucks for the chemisty if needed.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to try a lab in the UK called Process C-22. They are at http://www.processc22.co.uk/

Ken Fretz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several US labs that do C-22, but forget the "couple of bucks for chemistry". It will be quite expensive to hand mix a batch from scratch. These specialty labs will charge you enough to feel you are missing a valued part of your anatomy.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Zing!

Shooter
    35mm
    It appears my curiosity will have to remain unquenched for now. I had no idea this would be anything more than a simple home processing job (as simple as developing super old, horribly stored film can be anyway).
    The film has been sitting for 40 years, might as well continue the tradition while I wait for the lottery to come through. I need all the anatomy I have for now!
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and I apologize for asking too much out of ignorance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Color is not B&W!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Color is not B&W!

PE
    Again, my apologies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No need for that! This is for fun and education, not remorse.

PE

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not cut off a strip and process it as B&W and then make adjustments to try to salvage the remainder? Likely the fog level is so high that it's all but impossible to get images, at least that's what I found when I played with a roll of E4 that was given to me by a friend who found it in his desk drawer when he retired. There were images, but base fog was way high even after adding a healthy dose of BZT to the soup--reducing fog that much pretty much eliminates images as well.

I wonder if in another 40 years people will be worrying about how to get the images out of an SD memory card that was found in a desk drawer somewhere?
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm
    With that E-4, try mixing up some fix with some citric acid. This will bleach the colour couplers out of the emulsion. Recipe is on Kodak Tech Pub ae-31 (details how to treat colour film accidentally developed as B/W).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin