Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,961   Online: 906

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Although they are somewhat expensive and the shipping return fees are quite high, I have never had any issues with Reed Photo in Denver. They process all film in dip and dunk systems so there are no scratches and all my film has come back sleeved clean.

I've also used Photocraft in Boulder. Their C41 is done on a roll transport system, but they keep it immaculately clean and I've never seen a single scratch.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got my order from Dale Labs. The scans are horrible and the prints - made from the scans and with dust left on them - are equally awful. I don't know about their C-41 work but for E6 they did not meet my expectations. I'll be switching back to Dwaynes.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if it helps or if we are any closer to you, but we would be happy to do it.

http://www.fototechnika.com/
    http://www.myfototechnika.com/

We are in Jacksonville, Fl (32204). I believe Monroe, GA is closer to Hot-Lanta, but if you feel better mailing it somewhere feel free to do so. We are Dip-n-Dunk on plastic reels for B&W, C-41 and E-6 in house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jacksonville, FL is certainly closer than New York, but you might want to try LTI Photographic Service. I recently started using them after my previous lab mishandled my film and did not want to take responsibility. LTI has a very good reputation as far as I can tell.

www.ltiny.com

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pro Photo Imaging in Lakeland,FL. is a good lab.They mainly do C-41 B&W and color neg.Having used them for many years,I can tell you they value the customer.I've hardly had problems w/them and they are quick to solve any possible issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Just got my order from Dale Labs. The scans are horrible and the prints - made from the scans and with dust left on them - are equally awful. I don't know about their C-41 work but for E6 they did not meet my expectations. I'll be switching back to Dwaynes.
    Dale???? What? Have you called them? They have always been so great!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    Although they are somewhat expensive and the shipping return fees are quite high, I have never had any issues with Reed Photo in Denver. They process all film in dip and dunk systems so there are no scratches and all my film has come back sleeved clean. ...
    By coincidence, I called Reed Photo yesterday to inquire on return postage for E-6 processing. They quoted me approximately $6 for returning 3 rolls via first class mail. Priority mail would have been more expensive, but not sure how much more. I didn't think that was too bad if, in fact, that's what they charge.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Typically I've had my film returned via UPS as it gets to my office overnight and I'm usually mixing sheets and rolls. They've charged me $12 for shipping and packaging and I know the ups portion is less than $5 between DEN and COS. But I've never had a single lab error from them.

In comparison another lab I've used - Slideprinter charges nothing for shipping on processing orders over $50 and $4.95 on orders under $50. I've used them once and had a minor problem with the roll film, but the sheet film all came back perfect. Slideprinter is also all dip-n-dunk for E-6 and C-41.

Slideprinter is also $.50 cheaper per sheet E6 or C41 and a bit cheaper per roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to talk to the owners a bit more about the idea of giving a discount if you send in a complete run of film.

• Our Dip-n-Dunk machines use Patterson/type reels

a run consists of:
    • 8 rolls of 35mm 36exp
    • 5 rolls of 220
    • 10 rolls of 120
    • and combination of these
    • 8 sheets of 4x5 +1 roll of 35mm 36exp

So I would like to make a "Run" Charge separate from the "Per roll" charge as to give a break to those who us us most.

I will talk to them Monday and see if this can be arranged. We have discussed it in the past and they seemed open to it. It may make the difference to those that need to ship their film off.

I'll be in touch or contact me directly.

http://www.fototechnika.com
    http://www.myfototechnika.com
    Last edited by JMC1969; 08-28-2009 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: web

Shooter
    35mm

They did ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Dale???? What? Have you called them? They have always been so great!
    After looking at the slides, they are a bit underexposed, so I'm sure their machine just printed them as they were scanned. The scans and prints are simply awful as-is, but I was able to improve them in PS.

Dales scan:

My rework:

Shot taken with a Rolleicord III, 1/100 at f16 on Kodak E100G film.

On the other hand, the Kodachrome slide I sent in was made into nice prints which are very accurate. I'm impressed with that.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin