Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,140   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    i was thinking that, next time, i would use a dichromate bleach to remove the colloidal silver layer before development. Then develop the AgX and fix. Would that work?

I'll try a reflective scan. Hadn't thought of that. Stay posted and thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NO! This will remove all silver depending on formulation and redevelopment would restore all silver.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something that helps when I've got a faint negative that I try to scan is to scan it in as if it was a slide. Sometimes the scanner can see more if it thinks it is a positive image and then you can work with it first that way in your graphics program to see if you can get something. I've rescued a few pictures that way.

Michael

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually I meant with reflective copying the way you look at a standard silver negative to get a positive image:

In front of a dark background, the light at ones side, twisting the film until the positive image appears.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Actually I meant with reflective copying the way you look at a standard silver negative to get a positive image:

In front of a dark background, the light at ones side, twisting the film until the positive image appears.
    I never knew that!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin