Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,509   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ultrafine Online: Color Film Question

hey all,

I just got my first Ultrafine catalog today, and I was looking at possibly getting 1 or 2 of the 100' 35mm rolls of portra 160nc. They have them for 29.95 each, but after looking at the website, they say that the dating is 2006 or better. I'm not sure as to how they store their film(they say they spool the 100' rolls down from 1000' rolls (direct from Kodak?), so they can keep the costs down to a minimum.

have any of you had any experience with Ultrafine for color neg/slide film in the past?

they have some (at least to my student budget) great deals on VC RC b/w paper, and if any of you have had experience with that as well, please could you let me know.

Thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back in 2004 or 2005 I bought 2-100' of agfa optima II 35mm colour film from them that was rated to expiredin 2006. I have spooled it onto 35mm cassettes and periodically pull them from my freezer as the smaller fridged stash runs low. I have just pulled the last of the optima II, and it still is working fine.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've had good results with Fuji slide films from Ultrafine, either short dated or slightly past date, cold stored. Usually I've gotten film with a better date than advertised.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi dan

why don't you give them a call and ask ?
    they are very nice and happy to answer questions ...

years ago i had reservations about buying 11x14 "made in england" paper from them ..
    it was one of the best investments i have ever made .... and i still am using it 5 or 6 years later!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks guys,

I'll be giving them a call today! if anyone has anything to add about a past experience with Ultrafine, please post it

thanks

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Their film is cold stored. I haven't had any problems with their film before.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin