Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,740   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak E6 One-shot / Can it be used again?

Thanks
    Can I reuse the one-shot 3 bath one more time right away?
    Thank you again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Thanks
    Can I reuse the one-shot 3 bath one more time right away?
    Thank you again.
    Is Kodak selling a 3 bath-kit? I thoght they only sold 6-bath for consumers market.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, it's a 1st developer, Reversal and 2nd dev followed by bleach, fix etc. it's 6 chemical but I consider it 3 bath.
    So does Jobo.
    Thanks again.

So, can this be reused right away?
    T

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tom,

Yes, the chemicals can be reused, at least during the same session. I wouldn't try storing the working solutions though. This is based on my own purely amateur efforts so there may or may not be an effect on density, colour balance, etc. caused by reuse - I haven't got the equipment to test for accuracy and don't care too much as long as the slides look good projected.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why would you want to? Chemicals are cheap compared to the cost of film and the value of your time and effort spent exposing it with some care.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    THank you for taking the time.
    I don't find E6 chemicals cheap at all. But when you add in my present issue it makes sense for me.
    I wait until I have enough to fill the drum, but now I have one left over (the 7th roll) so while I need to develop I'd rather not
    mix more chems for just one roll. Plus with E6 chems, it's a pain measuring such a very small amount for a 2 roll drum, i.e., 270ml.

Thank you all again.
    Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've used it successfully 3 or 4 times. There's info on the tech publications regarding proper extension of time for developers and bleach.

As I got more advanced and took fewer rolls of film, ensuring proper development became more important to me. I'd rather guarantee good results than cut costs. Until that point I pushed chemistry to the absolute limits. It all depends on what you want to do. 5 liters does 20 rolls of 35mm one shot at $2.50 a roll. That's cheap to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just ran my first drum of 3 35mm and 2 120's of the E6 using Kodak 6 bath and it came out stunning. I had one roll of 50 velvia that was pushed so I reran the same chems knocking off 30 pct of the dev time and it worked perfectly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin