Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1186

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    High vanspaendonck.

Have you ever done a light reversal step by holding a 1000W spotlight over the reels ? That’s not scaring but somehow magic… After the first wash / better if the Film is in the CD, light does not matter anymore. It is safe.

The color developing time will be unchanged 6 minutes; no need to shorten this in tray processing.The first developer time may need slight adoption due other agitation. Take a picture of a precise metered Grey step pattern and compare the result with the desired, than change FD time. Standard FD time (6:15-6:30) will be very close/will nail it, if temperature and agitation are in limits. 2 minutes more equals push 1, 2 minutes less equals pull1. Deviate in 20-30sec. increments (45 sec= 1/3 aperture) in the desired direction to nail your process.

This is a Kodak link but quite useful Look at page 9.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j83/j83.pdf

Jobo link:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...andbuch_GB.pdf

Regards stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I will start by using the times and inversion data for inversion developing and see how it turns out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by vanspaendonck View Post
    I am completely new to processing color slides, but my local lab in Amsterdam doesn't do my 4x5 Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus Readyloads anymore and I have about 56 left. So I got myself a Tetenal E-6 three bath kit.
    The manual gives times for inversion and rotary processing, which may work for my Honeywell Nikor 4x5 metal tank, but it's a dog to load properly and it always produces undeveloped spots where the film hits the retaining spring on the outside of the cage.
    Can anyone tell me whether, and how, I should correct the times given by Tetenal and/or the inversion frequency when using 4x5 sheets in HP tanks?
    Just to be sure : HP tanks = Combi-Plan tanks ?
    Do you plan to use several tanks, or only one, then changing chemical ?

Not sure that is actually a good solution for E6, especially when you read such webpage like this, but I have no real experience with combi-plans (as you may have read early, I use Jobo rotative process), so it's just my two cents !

And while I'm the subject: Tetenal says that the pre-wash and first developer must be used in total darkness, implying that the color developer etc. can be used with an open tank and the lights on. To someone who has only done B&W it seems a little scary to develop film in anything else than total darkness.
    If Tetenal says it, I would trust on this ! But personnaly I found this scary too...

So, to lend a quote from Marathon Man: "Is it safe?".
    Arhg, Lawrence Olivier playing a Nazi Dentist, a great moment of film !

Give us feedback of your experiences, please.

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vanspaendonck View Post
    And while I'm the subject: Tetenal says that the pre-wash and first developer must be used in total darkness, implying that the color developer etc. can be used with an open tank and the lights on. To someone who has only done B&W it seems a little scary to develop film in anything else than total darkness. So, to lend a quote from Marathon Man: "Is it safe?".
    If you did B&W reversal you'd have the same thing, i.e. after the first few steps you can work in daylight! Think about it: the first step does developing, after you washed the film there is (ideally) no developer left in the film, these are the two steps which need to happen in complete darkness. The next step in Tetenal's procedure, the CD bath, develops the parts of the film which were not developed during the first step and forms color dyes where silver halides get developed. Note, that this bath also contains a chemical which simulates an exposure, i.e. the bath behaves chemically just as if you used it in bright daylight.

In other words: it doesn't hurt to do CD, BLIX and STAB in broad daylight, but if it makes you feel better you can do these steps in complete darkness. One consideration may be whether it is easier to pour the chems into and from a closed or an open film tank.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin