Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,618   Online: 743

Shooter
    35mm

cibachrome print help me!

hello friends i d like to bought my first cibachrome kit, i have also printed c41 and i d like to try cibachrome print! i have some rapid question to ask..

could i make cibachrome print at room temperature??
    the critical bath is the first bath (for the temperature control)???

bleach temperature and fixer is not a problem?

could you describe me rapidly the printinf and the processing chain?

how i can buy the cibachrome kit with the paper here in europe?

many thanks friend!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When you're dealing with $5 a sheet I wouldn't go experimenting. Follow the box and all will be happy in the world. It is probably okay to do the baths after the developer at a lower temperature as long as you extend the time some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Follow the directions precisely. The temperature is critical. The processing chain - dev, rinse, bleach, fix, wash. The first rinse needs to be the same volume as the volume of developer. Sounds strange, but it is important to color balance. A rinse between bleach and fix is optional - I use it because I process on a JOBO and it minimizes the carryover effect of bleach into fix. The paper is slow, so long exposures are common. It also has a wide exposure lattitude, but suffers reciprocity issues at exposures beyond 1 minute. It also takes twice the change in filter to have the same effect of color change as you may be used to with RA-4 printing. Also, because it is positive to positive, everything is backwards. Longer exposures makes the print lighter, etc. Filter changes are backwards from what you would do to correct when printing RA-4. Once you get used to it, it is not difficult. Good luck.
    Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin