Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,374   Online: 1101

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Has anyone done a B/W reversal for transparency?

I use a JOBO processor and I'm wondering if anyone has made a negative a positive transparent slide at home? i.e., a dr5. processes.

I'd like to try and continue to fine tune. There is one lab in Cali that will be launching a .dr5 process in November but I'd like to begin at home.
    Thanks

P.S. I remember seeing a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it at all.
    T

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This kit will give you a positive from black and white neg film, but b and h wont ship it, you have to get it from them at the NY store:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Positive.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe Calumet in Chicago has them in stock and will ship.

Google for the Kodak TMAX Direct Positive Kit and a few places will ship although B&H has the best price.

You will get the best results with a film that has the clearest base. I'm assuming that kit gets rid of all the magenta stain in the Tmax base.

I have some Legacy Pro 400 that has a very clear base and also some of the Foma (T200) films do also.

I've been wanting to give this shot too so good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Foma make a special film (Fomapan R100), presumably with a clear base, and also a relevent kit to produce B&W slides.

I've not tried the Foma yet, though I have used various kits and mix-it-yourself formulae successfully over the years, and also the old Agfa Dia-Direct and Scala films. I think my last efforts were using the Ilford published formulae.

B&W Reversal seems rather neglected nowdays, but it's a well-established technique for still and movie, and a half-hour with Google should give you lots more information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try looking in the articles section.

I've been making B&W transparencies on & off for over 35 years, it's very easy, I've also been doing research into the process for commercial use.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak still offers a T-Max reversal kit.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Fompan R100 and their developing kit routinely. I like the results quite a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all. I'll give this a shot next week and report back.
    Very best.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done it from home brew chems a few years ago. The results on my first attempt were not stunning - The subject was white egg shells set onto a black background, lit by a single hard light. The blacks were plenty black, but the whites were not too white, so there still needs to be some tweaking done, with exposure and first developer activity/time.

Of course, also having two young kids asking of my time. I have not had the opportunity to refine my initial attempts.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are plenty of homebrew or semi-homebrew methods
    Ilford have a method for instance http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/20061291034093.pdf

Or if want a pro-lab to do it, have a look at DR5.com

If you search on that site, or wait for a while I'm sure David Wood may add some comments of his own regarding his experiences in reversal processing
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin