Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,571   Online: 842

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try buying a couple of rolls. Great stuff. The pushablility of the 200 is pretty good.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess we can conclude, that the photographic film industry has reached a level where bad film is not produced any more, especially by well known brands. Some films may be unsuitable for certain tasks or damaged by improper treatment (storage, exposure, processing), but generally they all work well. So if you get film from reputable sources, store it properly and take care when developing it, you shouldn't get weird color casts or other effects you so frequently read about. Once you've done some shots with some average film, you can still decide whether you'd like more or less contrast/pop/sensitivity and change to some more suitable film for your particular task.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    I guess we can conclude, that the photographic film industry has reached a level where bad film is not produced any more, especially by well known brands. Some films may be unsuitable for certain tasks or damaged by improper treatment (storage, exposure, processing), but generally they all work well. So if you get film from reputable sources, store it properly and take care when developing it, you shouldn't get weird color casts or other effects you so frequently read about. Once you've done some shots with some average film, you can still decide whether you'd like more or less contrast/pop/sensitivity and change to some more suitable film for your particular task.

I agree 100%. There is no film out there made by the "big two" that I could say is complete crap. There are films which I do not particularly like for certain applications, but I can't say they are bad films. In my opinion, the last truly bad film was Ektachrome Lumiere 100. That stuff was better suited to the trashcan than any camera that I owned.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin