Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,891   Posts: 1,520,854   Online: 1208

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    I'm probably one of the people referred to. I have never knocked Kodachrome but see no reason why I shouldn't report on my experiences with Dwayne's (or any other service or product) when the subject is up for discussion.

Steve
    What he said. They have no quality control.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Amen to that! My last roll (of E-6) that I got back came back as a clear strip of acetate. The only reason I sent it to them was to use up the old Kodak mailers, but damned if I'm going to use them any more!
    I just received a response from Dwayne's regarding my blank film. I was told that it was my fault, that I fogged the entire roll of film in the camera. Subsequent rolls came out fine, and I didn't have any issues when shooting this roll. They will not compensate me for the film, nor refund me the processing! I am thoroughly pissed off!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a shame that happened, but don't complain too loudly or some of the people on the other side will say "See, that wouldn't have happened if you were shooting D**it*l."

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Kansas View Post
    It's a shame that happened, but don't complain too loudly or some of the people on the other side will say "See, that wouldn't have happened if you were shooting D**it*l."

Dave
    Yes, something nice to do. Although I doubt "the digi people" visit this forum.

"It's better to shut up and be thought a fool than talk and remove all doubts"
    Curious quote I heard sometime ago. :rolleyes:
    Couldn't resist to write it here...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've had absolutely no problem with the approximately 6 rolls of Kodachrome processed at Dwayne's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    I just received a response from Dwayne's regarding my blank film. I was told that it was my fault, that I fogged the entire roll of film in the camera. Subsequent rolls came out fine, and I didn't have any issues when shooting this roll. They will not compensate me for the film, nor refund me the processing! I am thoroughly pissed off!

Fogged the whole roll blank? I find that difficult to believe. Was ANY of the roll black, like the end snip, film edges, between frames, etc?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've not used Dwayne's yet but am wondering about Kodachrome 120. Are there any labs that will process the 120 K64? I know there's a Bluefire Lab that will process it as b/w with scans and printing, but I've not found any for the dye injected color processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by geoferrell View Post
    Are there any labs that will process the 120 K64?
    No, there are no such labs. Not since 2001.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MMfoto View Post
    Fogged the whole roll blank? I find that difficult to believe. Was ANY of the roll black, like the end snip, film edges, between frames, etc?
    No. Absolutely nothing. It looks almost as if someone processed B&W as C-41 or E-6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got a roll of K-25 back the was absolutly perfect. No scratches and very little dust.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin