Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,932   Posts: 1,522,195   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 Processing at Walmart in Canada?

Does Walmart in Canada offer 120 C-41 film processing like they do in the States?

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The one I went to here in Vancouver doesn't. And I had to explain WHAT 120 film was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good luck with that!
    I have found that some, and only some real photo shops that do processing will do 120. Most send it out.
    I will eventually do my own C41, I don't think they'll be much choice.
    Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wasn't aware that Wal-Mart does 120 processing. The little woman uses a 120 Kodak to play around with and then just waits for me to send a batch of film to Dwayne's so she can get it processed. Maybe you might consider sending it across the border.. I mean Kansas isn't that far from Canada (Geographically or Culturally).. right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't tried - I just use my local photo store, which has a decent lab. I think 120 film gets sent to Winnipeg, but they cover the cost of that, at least.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have mine done at the local camera shop. They do it in-house, but I found out that only the manager is allowed to load 120 into the machine. So even there, the regular operators don't know how to handle it.

YMMV, but I wouldn't trust a Walmart with it, but then I wouldn't trust Walmart if they told me the sky is blue, either.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fujifilm Minilab - FL 922 AL : Common at most Wal-Marts here in Kentucky.
    Film formats 110, 126, 135, IX 240

That IX240 is APS for those that don't know. According to Fujifilm, these minilabs are not set up to do 70mm wide film. Or 60mm...
    Also, the Wal-Mart that I sometime use, sends the 120 stuff out to Fujifilm in Tennessee. If you send out E-6 chromes, Fujifilm
    in Tennessee (according to the lady I spoke to there) sends to directly to Dewaynes. Since Wal-Mart is contract with Fujifilm
    for use of their minilabs, it is unlikely they will process 120 in house.

Hope that helps.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why would anyone go through the trouble, and obvious care, of shooting 120 film and then take it to a place like Wal-Mart?

Can someone explain that to me? (I'm asking rhetorically, please don't attempt to do that)

Shooter
    35mm
    Because it only costs $1.50 for developing and proof prints. And I've never had any problems with their processing. And I don't think 120 is some special hallowed format, either. Holgas are 120....
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lab I managed used Noritsu machines and we regularly processed 120 for those customers that wanted it done. Once I managed to find a neg gate for 120 printing, offered that as well, although most only wanted their film processed and then they printed their own prints or asked me to send off for 8x10" enlargements of the negs they selected.

If you find a good lab that takes pride in what they produce, and how they maintain their machinery, you'll get excellent results once you've established a rapport with them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin