Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,413   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodak E6 Colour Developer Chemical Longetivity?

Hi,

Just placed an order about a week and a half ago on some colour developer replenisher (E6) at vanbar (Australia).

Just got an email stating the stock they were about to send is 4 years out of date, and will offer me a 50% discount if I take a chance on it, or can order in the fresh stuff for another $15.

I'm thinking that it should be okay since its separated into non-volatile parts and is unopened and unmixed.

But thats just a hunch/feeling, and I'd rather rely on an opinion from someone with more knowledge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The reversal bath and color developer go first.

The reversal bath gives no inidation of anything bad.

The color developer however will have one part turn black or very dark brown if it is bad or going bad.

The first developer is 3rd on this list. It goes bad as it begins to form crystals. There is no way to test if it is bad except for dissolving it in the right amount of water and then running the process.

That is about the extent I can help you.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The shop attendant opened it and said they were a light straw colour

Thanks for the tip Photo Engineer!
    Last edited by Athiril; 09-24-2009 at 11:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If he opened the actual bottles, then the clock is ticking for them to go bad within weeks.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin