Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,040   Online: 991

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm
    I did consider talking to the lab owners I'm friendly with, but the problem with living in New York is unless you live in a way-out neighborhood or are super-rich, you are unlikely to have the space for bulk chemicals. I am stuffed to the gills already....eventually got all my mixed b/w and color chems stashed away in two different cupboards but the Tetenal concentrates are still just sitting in their box in a corner of the room. Now that I've seen the size (and weight) of the Bleach III I bought off eBay, I know I can't get any more chems this size. Retail price is OK when size--small size--matters .

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey folks—I'm a dummy and I'm in need of some help, so I'm reviving yet another old C41 thread.

So one of the cool things I've read about Flexicolor SM is that there is no starter needed—just mix up the tank solution with their 2L kit and use their (presumably stronger) replenisher.

Kodak also has this nifty document CIS-49 with a section on "Preparing Tank Solutions from Replenisher Solutions." Flexicolor SM, for some reason, is left out of the list. They have the straight Flexicolor developer, AR, LORR, LORR LU… but not SM! It seems to me that it should be easy enough to make Flexicolor SM tank developer from the replenisher solution since SM doesn't require a starter… so would you folks have any idea how?

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can make tank solution from the SM kit with no starter, then why do you want to make it from a replenisher? Replenishers I have seen and used do require starter to make tank solution, so if the SM doesn't require it, then it is likely straight developer and not replenisher, and that's why it was left off the list. Perhaps the straight developer can be used to replenish as well? If it also comes in a separate replenisher form, I don't know why it was left off the list.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    If you can make tank solution from the SM kit with no starter, then why do you want to make it from a replenisher? Replenishers I have seen and used do require starter to make tank solution, so if the SM doesn't require it, then it is likely straight developer and not replenisher, and that's why it was left off the list. Perhaps the straight developer can be used to replenish as well? If it also comes in a separate replenisher form, I don't know why it was left off the list.
    Exactly! In the sell sheets, they say "…use this developer in C-41SM minilabs for making tank solution, or small tanks and tube-type processors without replenishment. No starter is needed…" but they make no mention of how to mix the tank solution outside of the labels on boxes for a few of the products. If you have their processing units F1 and F2, there are no documents online that'll show you how to mix these chemicals.

So! I sent an e-mail to Kodak in the hopes that they could help:

Quote Originally Posted by Me, to Kodak.
    I was looking through the processing manuals (Z) for Flexicolor SM chemistry and related technical publications (CIS), and I found a nice gem: CIS-49, or "Preparing Smaller-Than-Package-Size Amounts of KODAK Processing Chemicals." In this document, I found a handy chart that shows how to mix tank solutions from replenishers. All of the developers are there—Flexicolor, LORR, LORR LU, AR, etc.—but the Flexicolor SM process is not included in the document at all. It would be really nice to mix up a tank developer solution using the A, B, and C developer parts.

Is there any way you could tell me the right ratios I need to make tank developer? It would probably be enough to tell me how much of the A, B, and C solutions are included in the following package: KODAK FLEXICOLOR SM Tank Developer—To make 2 litres, CAT No. 175 6337.

Thanks in advance for your help! (:
    They just responded:

Thank you for contacting Kodak Professional Technical Support.

You are absolutely correct! We do need to update this publication and hope to do so in the near future.

In the interim, I have attached a document that should address some of your needs.
    The document they sent contains label art and instructions that go with Flexicolor SM tank developer / fixer. It also contains instructions for Ektacolor RA2 SM tank developer, bleach/fix, and stabilizer. So cool! I've attached their document to this post!
    Attached Files

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin