Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 704

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should pay a visit to Photo Barn. It's on your side of town and they carry Flexicolor and the fix and bleach. At least they did last I was there.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Freestyle has an Arista liquid C-41 kit that uses a 3 part liquid blix. Has anyone evr tried the Arista kit?
    I also called "Photographer's Formulary" today and they are about to release a C-41 kit.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stradibarrius:
    That list you posted above looks interesting. Two questions for you or PE or other experts:

Does the SM developer you listed include replenisher and starter or is that unecessary with that item? I had understood that the usual developer required mixing starter into replenisher for one shot use. Not correct?

Does the bleach III listed include parts A and B or is that unecessary with that item? I understood that bleach could be used without starter but needed parts A & B. Not correct?

This is the thread I had gotten that info from: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...chemistry.html

Here is a potential source for some of this stuff, but they do not appear to have each the items you listed:
    http://www.pakor.com/Category/C41_Chemistry.cfm

Here is another thread on getting Bleach III, but it refers to Pakor, above.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...ii-canned.html

Let's figure out who sells this stuff in the US once and for all. (if anyone) The Fujihunt kit available from some UK suppliers does not seem to be available in the US

Have Freestyle, B&H or Adorama or Calumet been known to order such chemicals for small buyers?

Thanks all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I can say is that Bleach III does not need replensiher nor does it come in 2 parts. That refers to my version. It may have changed.

Developer-Replensiher needs a starter. Developer does not for C-41.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a trivial quesgtion since Kodak likes to play a shell game with the product. Here's what I ise:

1. Kodak Flexicolor developer replenisher[/I] in the 19 liter/5 gallon kit. Kodak Cat. No. 191 9042. I purchase it from Calumet and it cost $33.99. You will need a starter and it cost about $10 for a 946mL bottle. It only take 14mL of starter to make a liter of replenisher. I use the developer one shot.

2. Kodak repackaged their one shot Flexicolor bleach III which was available by the gallon for $28.08 at my local camera store and is now marketing it as FlexicolorSM tank bleach in a 2.7 liter container for $38.95 at my local store (Cat. No. 882-4690). However you can still purchase Flexicolor III product in a 12.5 gallon kit (You need Part A and Part B and a starter) for about $300.00.

3. Kodak Flexicolor fixer and replenisher to make 19 liters/5 gallons. Kodak Cat. No. 169-3837. I last purchased this from Adorama for $20 to $25.

4. Kodak Flexicolor Final rinse and replenisher is available in 45mL bottles to make 5 liters (9mL/liter) and cost about $6.00

Remember, with exception of the developer you can reuse the bleach, fix, and replenisher to process the maximum number of rolls/sheets for a given volume of chemisgtry. Check the Kodak pubs. for capacities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Firstoff, remember that Kodak no longer makes the chemistry. Champion bought this division from EK.

Second, replenisher keeps forever. So, there is no waste. The same is true for the Bleach III and almost the same for the fix.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting thread, and interesting info on the Tentenol kits not being good for "newer" films. I only tried color once and it was with one of those kits on some old (10-15 years) film, a mixture of Kodak and Polaroid C-41 35mm. Oddly, when doing two rolls at once, I had some experience where one roll would be good and the other virtually blank. I'm starting to wonder if the "weak" chemistry in the kit had something to do with it, and if I would have had different results from Kodak chemistry.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What are the consequences when I soup the film for to long in the bleach?
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can you define "starter" and "replenisher" in the context of developer? Is there a developer that is ready to use once it is mixed to the proper dilution? I was under the impression that the kodak flexicolor developer #1756337 was a 3 part, one shot product????
    One thing that is very confusing about all of this is the definition of the different types of developers that can be used to process the C-41 film.
    If you could list and explain the different developers I think it would be very helpful....
    I know I have asked so many questions but I really appreciate your help and knowledge!!! I think that this thread is helping several other people as well????
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it's helping me a lot!!.

I STILL THINK THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY ON THIS FORUM! or maybe a FAQ or something. Even if it changes from time to time, it would give people a place to start.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin