Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,588   Online: 875

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak is not one-shot. I use the developer that way for better uniformity, but the rest of the process is not. It can either be used to exhaustion or can be replenished, as you desire. I've done both. They both work just fine.

The chemicals from B&H are premixed for use, and use a different process than the one we are familiar with. It is not replenished and does not use a conventional wash. B&W will not ship these items. In addition, their instructions have cross threaded C-41 with RA4 in the description at the bottom of the page.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naugastyle View Post
    Has anyone tried this?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rocessing.html

It seems easier & cheaper than buying everything separately (up front anyway--I assume the more expensive quantities are bigger and process more, but there's no indication of volume in this link). But I'm curious about the packaging. Seems more difficult to reuse chemistry, but posts above indicate that Kodak is one-shot unlike Tetenol, or is that only a suggestion?
    This package is designed to process 900 rolls in appropriate equipment. Here is the link:

http://wwwcaen.kodak.com/global/plug...s/PF3_1067.pdf

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Kodak is not one-shot. I use the developer that way for better uniformity, but the rest of the process is not. It can either be used to exhaustion or can be replenished, as you desire. I've done both. They both work just fine.
    In addition, their instructions have cross threaded C-41 with RA4 in the description at the bottom of the page.

PE
    Yeah, I noticed those instructions on the bottom...I was wondering if that's weird but am so unfamiliar with color chemistry I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.

Basic question: the chemicals in the list posted by Tom Taylor are all very different volumes. But are they meant to develop the same amount of film, due to differing dilutions? Or will some parts simply need to be replaced faster?

Thanks for the info on the processing unit, MattKing. Rather amazing that this can process 900 rolls for $79 when buying separate components will cost so much more...but I guess since it's for a minilab the chems will be used up faster.

Is this tank rinse:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...41SM_Tank.html the same as "Flexicolor Final rinse and replenisher" as mentioned above? This was the only "rinse" I could find and the photo doesn't show "replenisher" on the label.

Is it ok to mix SM and non-SM chemicals? The rinse is the only one marked SM but there are other versions of developer/bleach that are also SM on the site.

And what's the difference between Bleach Replenisher and Bleach Regenerator?

Sorry...lots of questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kits come in various sizes to make developer or developer replenisher for example or bleach or bleach replenisher. Each kit is different in starting volume and so makes up to a different working solution quantity, but the working solutions are identical in all cases and have the same capacity.

The Flexicolor final rinse is its own replenisher. The bleach replenisher keeps the same tank going by adding new materials, the regenerator takes what you have (Ferrous NTA) and turns it into Ferric NTA or reactivated oxidant. That is the simplest way to put it.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Great, thanks so much.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Re: CURRENT info C-41 chemicals Or C-41 for Dummies????

Strad, I use about 270mm for 6 4x5 or 240mls for 1 120 roll. I'm mixing up 1litre at a time and replenishing that. If i was going a few weeks without processing, I would mix up a whole litre instead of replenishing the existing litre.

Jimmy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jimmyp, I was the one who asked about the amount of developer per roll. Is a roll of 135 about equal to a roll of 120 in developer use?

If the package of SM Tank developer says it makes 2L, can I safely assume that this will process 8 rolls of 120?

PE: would you comment on how much developer you use per roll since you are using it one-shot? I'm trying to get a grip on the cost per roll here.

jimmyp, if you are replenishing, do you develop 4 rolls or so in that liter you mixed up and then, what, dump some of it and top up with replenisher? What are the quantities on that?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JG;

I use Jobo tanks and go by their recommendations exactly. I don't have the figures here, but I do know that each tank has different recomendations even among the various Jobo series. If you use the mfgrs suggested quantities, you cannot go wrong. At least that is what I find with Jobo.

When I used to use SS tanks, I filled them to the top minus enough air space to allow for agitation.

When I use hard rubber tanks, I fill them to the top, but then in that case, I don't consider this single use. I adjust times. It is only when using Jobo and SS tanks that I use the developer one time. I also use a pre-wet with the drum processes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Several of the vendors listed previously also offer the Trebla FilmPAC for about $70. This kit is supposed to have everything needed to process C-41 and does not use BLIX. It's way less expensive than the $257 quoted earlier. You would need to go through a lot of film to make that worthwhile (maybe start your own mini-lab for friends and family?).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    J -

If I process 6 sheets of 4x5 in somewhere around 300ml of developer, I chuck it into my dump bucket and replenish that part with new replenisher. I figure I'm pushing the capacity of the chems according to kodak guidelines, and I usually roll it, which adds a lot of air. I figure that 300mls is done for sure.

What I don't know much about is bleach carry over into my fixer. No matter how much I try to wash after the bleach, my fixer is always turning orange.... problem? I don't know.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin