Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,187   Online: 956

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sampson View Post
    I would like to start processing colour as well, but cannot find a process description or a list of chemicals. I am not new to the darkroom, so all I need is the process, and a list of the recommended chemicals.

And the quote about generalisation is clearly the weird mental machinations of an idiot! and I'm generalising of course, so no one need take it personally.

John Sampson
    John, here is the process I use with my JOBO processor developed at 38 degrees celsius:

Prewarm drum with film in it in water bath: 5:00
    Devloper: 3:15
    Stop Bath: 1:00
    Bleach: 6:30
    Rinse with dumping and adding new water every 30 sec: 3:00
    Fix: 6:30
    Rinse with dumping and adding new water every 30 sec: 3:00
    Stablizer in tray (not in drum): 1:30

You can get the chemicals as outlined in my previous response.

Shooter
    Multi Format

how much solutions?

Stevewillard -

In your 2nd to last post, you mentioned what you got for Chemistry. How much does that make? Is it the 2L and 5L amounts? Or more? Talking about working-strength here. I am just wondering if there is a cheaper/better option than the $70 5-liter Tetenal kit that B&H sells.

thanks
    -Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewillard View Post
    I have been in contact with Sherry at Photographer's Formulary since last March about their C-41 chemistry. Here is the latest email I just received from her dated October 27th.
    • HI Stephen
      What we are going to be selling is Kodak's C-41 chemistry but it will be packaged to make 1 liter of working solution. So the instructions you have for the Kodak will work as far as steps. It will consist of the developer bleach and fix I'm not sure about the stabilizer I don't think we are doing that portion with the stuff we have.
      Sherry

Please email Sherry at formulary@blackfoot.net and express your interest in their efforts.

Furthermore, you can get Kodak C41 Flexicolor SM developer for mini labs that makes a 2 L batch. It is the same chemistry as the one gallon mix that Kodak discontinued. It is a one shot developer that will work just fine with JOBO drums. B&H does not carry it, and it is hard to find, but I have a source for those that are interested as follows:

• Denver Pro Photo
      235 S Cherokee St.
      Denver CO 80223
      Phone: 303-698-1790 or 866-360-4940
      Fax: 303-698-1720

Ask for Victor Guarino. He will take care of you. They will ship the stuff anywhere.

Here is the C41 chemistry I purchase from Denver Pro Photo with volumes and prices:
    • Kodak Flexicolor SM Develper 2L $15.92
    • Kodak Indicator Stop 16 oz. $7.25
    • Trebla Beach 5L $31.16
    • Trebla Fixer 5L $4.75
    • Kodak Final Rinse 5L $6.25

Hope this helps...
    I'm quoting the whole post so people don't miss this -- I just spoke with Victor and they can't ship the bleach or developer chemicals via UPS. They can ship the other chemicals via UPS. They do offer shipment via truck for the bleach or developer but that is expensive for long distance. Something to keep in mind while trying to find a source for these chemicals. The truck shipment was estimated to be around $65-70 to Madison, Wisconsin. Victor did suggest contacting Kodak if a local source couldn't be found. He was very helpful but unfortunately UPS makes it impractical to ship these those two chemicals as the special permits are expensive and add a hefty charge to every shipment.

Anyone have a source in Chicago?
    Last edited by Cymen; 01-04-2010 at 05:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Calumet would be my first choice in Chicago.

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The key to processing C41 is to hunt for bleach that turns up on ebay. It is cheap to begin with and shipped without hazmat charges (illegally of course) and therefore is very cheap in its entirety. I purchased 5 gallons of Bleach III for $35 shipped to my door. The other chemicals just find their way into my darkroom every time a family member visits new york.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Calumet would be my first choice in Chicago.
    Excellent -- I checked Central and a couple others but forgot to check Calumet. I'll take a look there (and at eBay).
    Last edited by Cymen; 01-05-2010 at 03:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've found everything except the "Kodak Final Rinse" at Calumet. The final rinses they have are for E-6. I do see "Kodak Flexicolor SM (C-41SM) Tank Final Rinse" for $2.50 at B&H which makes 5L and is Kodak #1925254. That item should not be considered hazardous material if I've got things straight so it can be ordered with normal shipping charges. It does have a minimum order requirement of 12 at B&H though.

Kodak C41 Developer Starter - makes 17.8 gallons (per B&H)
    Calumet # KP02844
    Mfg. Part # 1953009
    $6.99

Kodak Indicator Stop Bath - makes 8 gallons (per Calumet)
    Calumet # KP02024
    Mfg. Part # 1464247
    $6.29

Kodak C41 Bleach Start - makes 20 gallons (per B&H)
    Calumet # KP02849
    Mfg. Part # 8566796
    $14.99

Kodak C-41 Fixer and Replenisher - makes 5 gallons (per B&H)
    Calumet # KP02854
    Mfg. Part # 1693837
    $9.99
    I'm posting as the exact details isn't always clear so hopefully someone can confirm the above is correct (or at least one version of correct!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update. I am curious about the shipping cost from Calumet. Truck, UPS, ??. Not sure where South Central WI is, I am SE, near Kenosha.

Perhaps I should consider driving to Chicago area to pick up but its perhaps 3+ hours round trip plus tolls, in my gas guzzler.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another possibl source of chemicals is your local camera flea market, swap meet, photo fair or whatever they call them. I once saw a local photographic store selling all their chemical inventory in a photo fair. No, it's not selling. It's dumping. They have a few box full of all they had from their store and the price was "make an offer". I took all their C-41 stuff for something like $20. I regret that I did not take any of their RA-4 stuff. I could have that too for maybe another $10. I don't print with my enlarger any more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Thanks for the update. I am curious about the shipping cost from Calumet. Truck, UPS, ??. Not sure where South Central WI is, I am SE, near Kenosha.

Perhaps I should consider driving to Chicago area to pick up but its perhaps 3+ hours round trip plus tolls, in my gas guzzler.
    I'm about an hour southwest of Madison. I'm driving down in a couple weeks and I'm hoping Calumet in Chicago will take my order over the phone and I can pick it up then. I'm still not certain I've got the list right (and I wish I could find the final rinse solution at Calumet so there was no need to order from B&H).

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin