Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,276   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Film

Shooter
    35mm

Mitsubishi Film

Looking though my film reserves i noticed that the colour film pack i bought 3 years ago is down to its last 2 rolls (it was an 8 pack so i don't use colour very quickly). So i did what anyone would do and started looking for a new pack to work on.

I was just looking for something cheap, as i mentioned i don't do much colour and i found that the cheapest film i could find was made by Mitsubishi. my question is two fold;

firstly is the film any good or does it render results so horrid that even a lay person notices that the colour is off (i tried a super cheap roll of agfacolour about 7 years ago and it has left a sour taste in my mouth)

secondly should i be supporting someone more dedicated to analogue photography like fuji.

Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Links

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mitsubishi and Konica were allied companies and part of the same conglomerate in Japan.

That is about all I can tell you right now except guess that the Mitsubishi film and paper might be similar to Konica (Sakura) products.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Links,

I apologize as this is not an answer, but at 2 rolls per year I would advise that you purchase a good fresh roll each time you need one. At that usage rate you can splurge and go with a roll of Portra or Fujicolor Pro and get good color without impacting your budget.

To actually answer you question, I got a brick of Mitsubishi 400 color film tossed in with a used camera I recently bought. I shot one roll as a test and the color had gone bad. I kept the rest in case I get the urge to do something with goofy colors and lots of grain.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for your replies

Yes Neal i do agree with you that i probably should buy smaller quantities and get something better, i am just paranoid about running out of film.
    However it is curious that there seems to be so little information on Mitsubishi film.

Thanks for the input PE and Neal

Links

Shooter
    35mm
    Last year we had a brick of Mitsubishi 200 speed film. I used it when testing cameras, and the results were pretty dismal. It has this odd color saturation, with lots of blues and reds that look very unnatural. I wouldn't recommend it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So what you guys are saying is that Mitsubishi Film is like a Mitsubishi Car, pretty good starting out but goes down hill very quickly?

Shooter
    35mm
    Much like my Mitsubishi, the film will flake out and leave you totally stranded in the middle of Detroit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it is related to Sakura film products from Konica, they had some very good films. It could indeed have good keeping and might depend on product type and other factors. There is no way of knowing.

Mitsubishi did produce their own products.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilduce View Post
    Much like my Mitsubishi, the film will flake out and leave you totally stranded in the middle of Detroit.

I don't know what Mitsubishi you do have, I just bought myself a brand new GRANDIS and heck, very nice machine!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    I don't know what Mitsubishi you do have, I just bought myself a brand new GRANDIS and heck, very nice machine!
    Come pick me up in Detroit, please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin