Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,715   Online: 804

Shooter
    35mm

cibachrome first print help

hello friends i have read the cibachrome sheet (p30 2x1) and told me that 1 liter of solution is to make 13 print 20x25....

could i prepare 500 ml of batch (250+250) and develop with 50 ml only (my jobodrum 20x25 develop with 50 ml i don t waste the chemical due to the high cost.....the calculation seems to be that the paper 20x25 need about 100 ml of developer..

thanks
    Last edited by danzyc; 09-29-2009 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With small quantities of developer in drums, there is a high risk of loss of developer activity due to aerial oxidiazation. So err on the side of caution, and use too much to start.

I had the same concern that you do as to the cost of developer when I started printing ra-4 ( whell , actually EP/2, but that dates me, back when I was a cash poorer student). So I would do 'semi replenished'. My ilford tube needed 70ml to cover the print, but the print actually only needed about 35ml of chem. So I would start with 100mL, and funnel pour it from my tube back into a small holding bottle that in between runs would get dropped back in the tempering water bath. After the third print I would dump 35ml, and replenish with 35ml of fresh solution, and keep pouring off then going topping up for the balance of that printing session.

After a session no partly used developer was kept. The stock unused developer was topped off with 'private preserve' wine storage gas. The same gas was used to top off any partially used liquid concentrate bottles wahn partially mixing a kit ( think the kit I used was 5L, and I only would go thorough maybe 2L before the 6 weeks was up at times, and then the 'fresh' working solution would be dumped.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    could i use the first developer of ilfochrome 50 ml one shot?
    or i should use 100 ml pouring back into the temperingh bath...after 2 print put the solution in the trash...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I saw an interesting method. It was suggested that you use the developer for its first use and then once done deposit it into a "used" tank. You do this for all your prints until you've moved all the developer from the fresh tank into the used tank. Then you begin to use the "used" developer, knowing that your exposure/color may shift slightly. That way you achieve consistency and use the solution to capacity.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What I have seen recommended and continue to use for my personal use is to start with fresh chemicals for the first print and save the chemicals. On the second and continuing prints I use 1/2 new with 1/2 used. I haven't noticed any problems but I have not put a densitometer on the prints to verify equality, only used my eyes. It basically doubles your capacity. If it is for someone else who's paying you, I would use fresh stuff
    regards
    Erik

Shooter
    35mm
    could you tell me the shelf life of the opened concentrated of p30 2x1 liter kit?

i think thst i will use this method with the jobo 1525

50 ml of all solution and after that i put it in the trash!

thanks
    Last edited by danzyc; 09-30-2009 at 01:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin